2014-2015 NCAA football thread

If that was running up the score, MSU better get better on offense before they play OSU.

I was listening to the game on satellite in the car until it got out of control and it was the MSU feed. They dedicated their whole halftime show to being so butt hurt about Mike Hart's comment, which was true at the time. Dantonio is doing great things there and he's such a baby with some of his comments. Get over it. You're the better program right now.

Edited by Brian

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 06:42 AM)
If that was running up the score, MSU better get better on offense before they play OSU.

I was listening to the game on satellite in the car until it got out of control and it was the MSU feed. They dedicated their whole halftime show to being so butt hurt about Mike Hart's comment, which was true at the time. Dantonio is doing great things there and he's such a baby with some of his comments. Get over it. You're the better program right now.

Michigan players have been extremely mouthy for an average team since Hoke took over. Capped by the spork they drove into the turf, they were kind of asking for a response.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 08:08 AM)
Michigan players have been extremely mouthy for an average team since Hoke took over. Capped by the spork they drove into the turf, they were kind of asking for a response.

Teams of every rivalry are mouthy no matter how bad they are. At least Gardner kept his mouth shut.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 08:39 AM)
Teams of every rivalry are mouthy no matter how bad they are. At least Gardner kept his mouth shut.

Even on your board it's mentioned they like to talk. You have to be prepared to get it shoved down yor throat if you put it out there. Dantonio thrives on that.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
Even on your board it's mentioned they like to talk. You have to be prepared to get it shoved down yor throat if you put it out there. Dantonio thrives on that.

I'd draw the line at vandalizing the other campus or anything on it.

Coaches poll:

1 Mississippi St

2 Florida St

3 Alabama

4 Auburn

5 Michigan St

6 Oregon

7 Notre Dame

8 Georgia

9 Mississippi

10 TCU

AP Poll:

1 Mississippi St

2 Florida St

3 Alabama

4 Auburn

5 Oregon

6 Notre Dame

7 Mississippi

8 Michigan St

9 Georgia

10 TCU

Edited by HickoryHuskers

Playoff/Bowl projections:

Sugar Bowl: 1) Florida St 13-0 vs 4) Notre Dame 12-1

Rose Bowl: 2) Alabama 12-1 vs 3) Oregon 12-1

Peach Bowl: 5) Michigan St 12-1 vs 7) Auburn 10-2

Cotton Bowl: 6) TCU 11-1 vs 8) Mississippi 10-2

Fiesta Bowl: 9) Mississippi St 10-2 vs 11) Oklahoma 10-2

Orange Bowl: 10) East Carolina 11-1 vs 20) Clemson 9-3

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 12:03 PM)
Playoff/Bowl projections:

Sugar Bowl: 1) Florida St 13-0 vs 4) Notre Dame 12-1

Rose Bowl: 2) Alabama 12-1 vs 3) Oregon 12-1

Peach Bowl: 5) Michigan St 12-1 vs 7) Auburn 10-2

Cotton Bowl: 6) TCU 11-1 vs 8) Mississippi 10-2

Fiesta Bowl: 9) Mississippi St 10-2 vs 11) Oklahoma 10-2

Orange Bowl: 10) East Carolina 11-1 vs 20) Clemson 9-3

I thought you weren't confident.

There's a possibility that by the end of the year, they will have no top 25 wins even if they win out.

The schedule won't have any Top 15 wins, but the combined grind of going through next level teams like Stanford, ASU, Louisville and USC ought to count for something. But yeah, ND's schedule has collectively wet the bed this year. You can definitely hold ND's schedule against them, as long as you aren't also one of the people whining that ND is dropping Michigan from the schedule.

All that said, I'm projecting what I think the committee would do, which is not necessarily how I would rank them.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

Given that they have played all of one road game, let's see what they do on their two West Coast road trips first.

ASU should be a tough game, but if ND is 10-1 with a playoff spot on the line, USC will be a total beatdown. They aren't very good. I'd give Louisville a better chance than USC at beating ND.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
ASU should be a tough game, but if ND is 10-1 with a playoff spot on the line, USC will be a total beatdown. They aren't very good. I'd give Louisville a better chance than USC at beating ND.

I think you might be selling USC a little bit short, they are such a hard team to figure out. Wins @ AZ & vs. Stanford, but then they were manhandled by a not good Boston College team. Then they had ASU and Utah beat for 57 minutes, but completely choked those away.

They have the talent to hang with ND, but I don't think the coaching is there right now. Not only have the players not bought into the new head coach yet, I don't think Sarakisian believes in himself yet either.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 06:16 AM)
I think you might be selling USC a little bit short, they are such a hard time to figure out. Wins @ AZ & vs. Stanford, but then they were manhandled by a not good Boston College team. Then they had ASU and Utah beat for 57 minutes, but completely choked those away.

They have the talent to hang with ND, but I don't think the coaching is there right now. Not only have the players not bought into the new head coach yet, I don't think Sarakisian believes in himself yet either.

I agree, especially since the game is at the Coliseum and those fans will be pumped up. USC is not elite but they are a good team and on the road that will be a very tough game.