2014-2015 NFL Football thread

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
Speigel/Mannelly/Boers/Bernstein were just talking about Trestman's track record at his various stops around the league. Apparently, he's always started year one with a good/great offense followed up with a horrendous offense in year two. Only one team has kept him around more than two years. Not exactly a good sign.

They were talking about that yesterday.

While it was a very good point and they brought up how Emery should have known this, it would have been a better topic for he summer or last spring.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 11:24 PM)
Colt McCoy to start for RG3 on Sunday. Worst draft ever??? Not only did they trade every future draft pick for him, but they drafted another QB in THE SAME DRAFT and he has already been benched too.

Snyder FTW

I have not one ounce of sympathy for that guy, but it is pretty comical how pretty much every NFL based decision he and his team have made has backfired in his face X 10

Trading up high in the draft, you better hit on a player or your team is in trouble for a long time.

It's still early, but Buffalo traded a 1st round pick to move up and take Watkins. Could have stayed at 9 and had Odell Beckham. Not that Watkins is bad, but he isn't a 1st round pick better than Beckham.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 09:41 AM)
Trading up high in the draft, you better hit on a player or your team is in trouble for a long time.

It's still early, but Buffalo traded a 1st round pick to move up and take Watkins. Could have stayed at 9 and had Odell Beckham. Not that Watkins is bad, but he isn't a 1st round pick better than Beckham.

I criticized that trade immediately. Too high of a price to add a WR on a team with multiple holes to fill. Watkins looks like he'll be a really good WR, but the same can be said of Evans, Benjamin, Cooks and Beckham, who were all taken later.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
I criticized that trade immediately. Too high of a price to add a WR on a team with multiple holes to fill. Watkins looks like he'll be a really good WR, but the same can be said of Evans, Benjamin, Cooks and Beckham, who were all taken later.

It really was a bad draft to trade up and get a WR. It will probably turn out to be one of the deepest WR drafts in history.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:17 AM)

I said it was an awful move on here but boy did a lot of people defend the Bills, specifically some punk named Wite.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 10:26 AM)
ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports 2h2 hours ago

Lance Briggs could miss 'a few weeks' with injury http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break....html?track=rss

i like how Trestman did his press conference yesterday and said Lance and Fuller were going to be gametime decisions right before the game, and Lance immediately comes out and says it will be a couple of weeks after his MRI.

Briggs DNGAF. just send him away and give the keys to Christian Jones to find out about him at weak side

Eh, Watkins has yet to miss a game despite dealing with a few maladies throughout the year whereas Beckham has already dealt with some injuries and Cooks is done for the year. Also, Cooks is a completely different player than both of those.

Evans was the guy I initially wanted and I would have been happy with him, but that was still going to cost a 2nd next year or a 3rd this previous year at the very least, and then they'd be without Preston Brown who's turning into an absolute stud of a linebacker. Put in the same situation, I'd still trade up for Sammy but would try and include the 2nd rounder from this year opposed to the 1st from next.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 08:38 AM)
Eh, Watkins has yet to miss a game despite dealing with a few maladies throughout the year whereas Beckham has already dealt with some injuries and Cooks is done for the year. Also, Cooks is a completely different player than both of those.

Evans was the guy I initially wanted and I would have been happy with him, but that was still going to cost a 2nd next year or a 3rd this previous year at the very least, and then they'd be without Preston Brown who's turning into an absolute stud of a linebacker. Put in the same situation, I'd still trade up for Sammy but would try and include the 2nd rounder from this year opposed to the 1st from next.

You don't win in the NFL because of skill position players. There are plenty of other areas that are far more key to upgrading, imo, so to give up an extra first rounder for a wideout is just not smart.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)
You don't win in the NFL because of skill position players. There are plenty of other areas that are far more key to upgrading, imo, so to give up an extra first rounder for a wideout is just not smart.

Look at the Falcons. As great as Julio Jones is, the rest of the roster is lacking in talent, specially the lines. Those 5 draft picks they gave up could have come in handy to fill all those holes.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 10:52 AM)

The Bills OLine has struggled this year, but their defense has been incredible. The other huge area of weakness was QB, and having just drafted EJ last year, and looking at the production of the QBs over the last two years, I think it's safe to say they were better trading up for Sammy than they were any of the other QBs.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/...ort-since-july/ If true what a jerk after the Bengals had a ceremony for his daughter earlier this year.
Gloria Allred, GOAT shakedown artist. If he hasn't paid child support, why doesn't the mother just sue his deadbeat ass so they can garnish his wages? Something smells fishy, she probably wants a bigger payday.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
Gloria Allred, GOAT shakedown artist. If he hasn't paid child support, why doesn't the mother just sue his deadbeat ass so they can garnish his wages? Something smells fishy, she probably wants a bigger payday.

Something doesn't add up, that's for sure. Better ways on handling this than running to Gloria Allred. Probably trying to use the fame of this story as a way to get more money.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 26, 2014 -> 03:53 PM)
Something doesn't add up, that's for sure. Better ways on handling this than running to Gloria Allred. Probably trying to use the fame of this story as a way to get more money.

What's crazy is that if she succeeds, he could get suspended without pay. How does that help the kid financially which is what they are claiming.