2014-2015 NFL Football thread

To summarize PFF's findings for yesterday, the defense played fabulously well and the offense was dreadful - in case your eyes didn't tell you that. Overall, PFF's grades indicate that we have a league average offense and a league average defense. Maybe more excitingly, the Bucs took our crown as league's worst special teams

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 07:15 AM)
To summarize PFF's findings for yesterday, the defense played fabulously well and the offense was dreadful - in case your eyes didn't tell you that. Overall, PFF's grades indicate that we have a league average offense and a league average defense. Maybe more excitingly, the Bucs took our crown as league's worst special teams

Does it break up the offense per half? I am just curious if they merely tread water in the second half after drowning in the first. Every TD they had was a layup due to a turnover

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 09:40 PM)
Yeah well enough but they've won NYJ, MN and TB. Would have won despite bad offense.

If you really want to go there, the offense had but 220 yards against San Fran. The defense caused 4 turnovers that led to good field position.

The defense has been manhandled the few times they faced a good offense, but overall they have been better than I expected. The regression of the offense under the QB whisperer has been problem #1. Even last week when both receivers had 100+ yards, they still only scored 21 points. And it doesn't help that they have the worst special teams I have ever seen.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 08:46 AM)
Beckhams catch was the most athletic catch i have ever seen. David Tyrees catch was the best i have ever seen given the situation

Yeah, I can agree with that. In a vaccuum Beckham's is better, but Tyree's coming on 4th and long late in a Super Bowl is kind of important.

I dunno...some of these catches by the guys with huge hands and tacky gloves are awesome, but I am hesitant to say they are the best catches ever. It's almost like they are playing with a nerf ball or something. Not to say that they still aren't amazing catches, but given the ability one may have to catch a ball one-handed, I feel like the level of athleticism isn't necessarily as high as perhaps some others I've seen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 07:13 PM)
The Bears D played well enough to beat Miami and Buffalo.

It didn't' play well enough to beat Miami. Tannehill didn't throw his first incomplete pass until the 3rd quarter or the very end of the 2nd quarter. Offense didn't help either but the defense was atrocious in that game. Miami could do whatever they wanted.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 05:15 AM)

And we have an offensive head coach. There in lies the problem.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)
It didn't' play well enough to beat Miami. Tannehill didn't throw his first incomplete pass until the 3rd quarter or the very end of the 2nd quarter. Offense didn't help either but the defense was atrocious in that game. Miami could do whatever they wanted.

To be fair, I think Miami is a very underrated team. They put 36 points up on Denver yesterday and led for most of the game.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 10:36 AM)

Looking back you are right about that, but again, 224 yards, 3 turnovers, & 14 points from the high powered offense. I don't care how good Miami's D is, that's unacceptable.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
He's a Packers fan hoping we can wipe out Detroit for him.

This game and a couple others probably wouldn't hurt.

Also, it would just be great to see the Lions lose at home on Thanksgiving, seriously hurting their playoff hopes.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
Looking back you are right about that, but again, 224 yards, 3 turnovers, & 14 points from the high powered offense. I don't care how good Miami's D is, that's unacceptable.

My biggest issue with Trestman and why I think he should be gone, outside of his overall leadership qualities that I tend to question, is the fact that he is supposed to be an offensive guru and we are not seeing that sort of productivity or anything even close to that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
last year they set damn near every record there is to set for this franchise offensively.

Yeah and this year they have had similar talent and been very mediocre and have actually been getting worse as the season progresses. We can't protect the football or consistently produce points and have invested significant resources in that side of the football. One could argue based upon NFL commentary that the NFL got video on our offense and made significant adjustments that we can't counter successfully. Think of year two of Gary Crowton and how quickly he was out of the league once people adapted to our scheme. Right now it would appear that Trestman's offense is way too vanilla and NFL defenses are all over what we are doing, far too often.