2014 MLB catch-all thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 03:45 PM)
In the year 2000 *Conan voice*, Tim Hudson came up short in the Cy Young vote and finished 2nd with a 4.14 ERA. Pedro Martinez had 1.74 ERA and an ERA+ of 291. That ERA+ is the best ever away from some fellow in 1880. I am going way off subject now, but Pedro is at the absolute least a top five pitcher ever. What a killer he was.

Naturally? If something looks to good to be true............

QUOTE (ptatc @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Naturally? If something looks to good to be true............

Do you have any real knowledge of Pedro being a user or are you just throwing it out there for the hell of it whenever his name is brought up? I'm genuinely curious because you're incredibly persistent.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Sep 17, 2014 -> 10:10 PM)
Do you have any real knowledge of Pedro being a user or are you just throwing it out there for the hell of it whenever his name is brought up? I'm genuinely curious because you're incredibly persistent.

No proof. Knowledge as far as rumors and names being thrown around about who was on them at the time within the medical/sports med staff.

I don't mean to say that he was definitely on them. There is no proof on many of the players from that time. He is just one like Ordonez that there were rumors and most people assumed he was on them. I have more insight with Ordonez as I was closer to the people in the Sox organization.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 18, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 16m

Ron Washington: “I was not true to my wife after 42 years. I broke her trust. I’m here today to own that mistake and to apologize to her.”

Hearing he may have sexually assaulted a reporter?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 19, 2014 -> 06:34 PM)
Pearce peralta and Juan lagares top 15 in all of mlb war guys? C'mon.

Peralta wasn't anywhere close to a good defensive ss five years ago!

All we need to do is trade for Alex Gordon and Donaldson/beltre and we'd practically be guaranteed to win the World Series.

And Matt kemp is only 0.4?

Seriously WTF just happened? I literally can't read this. It's a string of names.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 22, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
Braves fired Frank Wren

Atlanta-Journal Constitution

The Braves offense has struggled mightily with the roster Wren assembled, including too many swing-and-miss hitters who don’t seem interested in changing their approach in situations that demand it, regardless of their hitting coaches’ suggestions.

Hmmm