2014 NFL Draft Thread

Being an ASU guy...I can't stand him. Very good RB...but yeah...character is pretty iffy. He's a classic example of local home town hero HS football player (Canyon Del Oro, Tucson) who stays home to play for local University and thought everybody should stop and kiss his ass. Kid's kind of a douche nozzle...but hopefully he's grown up and getting out into the real world will hopefully wake him up.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No...he's as big as Forte. And he's not a blazer...but his speed and quickness to the hole and in traffic is pretty good along with how physical a runner he is. His measurables don't jump out at you...but a very, very good, tough runner.

Phil or Trestman, I don't remember who, said pass protection was key in the #2 back and I'm reading Carey is one of the best pass protectors in the class.

Improved maturity is also evident in his pass protection, where Carey ranks among the best in the class. Good awareness to locate blitzing defenders. Squares his shoulders and delivers a forceful blow or effective cut-block.

Love what the Bears did today. Carey looks like a tough runner, never goes down on first contact and has the ability to fight for extra yards. Character issues (including what has been mentioned in this thread) are a concern. Vereen seems like really good value at the end of the 4th. Glad the Bears identified that talent and traded to get him.

Vereens combine ranks among FSs

5th best 40 @ 4.47

Best 20 yard shuttle by .08 seconds

Best cone drill by .07 seconds

Most reps with 25

Tremendous athlete. If he fails at FS the Bears are gonna need another CB next year anyway so the versatility is nice as well

Only knock on him is his arms are really short.

Edited by scs787

Bears 6th round pick..............David Fales QB.............compared to Jeff Garcia........also a San Jose St guy..........Bill Polian liked his as much as David Carr when they went head to head last year.

Emery said just a couple of days ago drafting a QB in late rounds never work out so he does not waste picks doing it. WTF ok Phil you were just playing coy.

Edited by Soxfest

Bears pick #191 2nd 6 round pick ............Pat O'Donnell P

Meet your new punter this year. I question drafting a punter he could of been had as a undrafted free agent.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (scs787 @ May 10, 2014 -> 03:19 PM)
A punter!!! Ole!

Damn, dude has 4.6 speed and benched 225 23 times as a punter.

Thought it was funny that one scouting report knocked him for average athleticism after I saw those combine numbers. That's about as good as it gets for a punter.

Not a high bar to clear to improve our punting game. I'm not going to pretend to know whether he'll be any good.

Love the Fales pick mostly because he's the perfect type of QB for Trestman. I like the idea of a developmental QB, even if they rarely pan out. When Emery made those comments about not taking one, I had been hoping he was bluffing.

Not sure about taking a punter, but whatever. At least this O'Donnell guy looks the part. 6'4" 220, 4.6 40 with 23 reps on the bench. Impressive for a punter.

I cannot believe Ahmad Dixon, Marcus Roberson, and Tiny Richardson are still on the board.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 10, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
Love the Fales pick mostly because he's the perfect type of QB for Trestman. I like the idea of a developmental QB, even if they rarely pan out. When Emery made those comments about not taking one, I had been hoping he was bluffing.

Not sure about taking a punter, but whatever. At least this O'Donnell guy looks the part. 6'4" 220, 4.6 40 with 23 reps on the bench. Impressive for a punter.

I cannot believe Ahmad Dixon, Marcus Roberson, and Tiny Richardson are still on the board.

Impressive for a punter? There are a lot of 6'4/220 guys in the draft who'd like those numbers.

It is funny reading grades and people analyzing 5-7th round picks. Sure, a small percentage make an impact but a vast majority will be cut or replaced by another 6th round pick within a year or two.

Tom Brady going in the 6th round was the worst thing to happen to the draft. Gives people hope of finding that late round gem.