2014 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 13, 2014 -> 04:13 PM)

Add Ferguson and O'Donnell to the signed list................Only Sutton and Fuller left...........Bears will have all there picks signed before most teams finalize a UFA invite final list. Stein the best in the NFL at his job at this rate they could be done by lunch Wednesday.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 13, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
Add Ferguson and O'Donnell to the signed list................Only Sutton and Fuller left...........Bears will have all there picks signed before most teams finalize a UFA invite final list. Stein the best in the NFL at his job at this rate they could be done by lunch Wednesday.

It's not really that much of an accomplishment anymore. With the new rookie wage cap, pretty much all the salaries and rosters are pre-determined. It was more impressive a couple years back.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 13, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
You are still giving up a 2nd round pick at the very, very, very minimum, and likely the 1st, because you have to move up to #5 or #6 to get Evans. The Bucs weren't moving because Evans was the guy they wanted.

Yes it's a high cost, but again, wideout was the absolute biggest need on the team. If everything blows up and a new regime is brought in with the new ownership, they have plenty of talent to recoup the cost of that pick. It's a win now move for a team that has talent to win now. People are just upset with it because the Bills went 6-10 last year instead of 8-8 or 10-6 which, as I pointed out, they could have easily done last year.

Theres nothing worse than seeing a fan of a lousy team try and say they "have the talent to win now". Buffalo has averaged 6 wins a season for the last 9 years, that's like me coming in here and saying Miami is on the cusp of being Super Bowl contenders. The Bills gave up what is going to be prolly a top 15 pick next year, and that's if they get 7-8 wins. Could be worse if they, you know, do what they always do and go 5-11 or 6-10. So, not even counting the 6 games they have against their own division who was no worse than 8-8 last year they have to play @ Chicago, @ Houston, @ Detroit, @ Denver while getting KC, Green Bay, and San Diego at home.

Bills aren't winning more than 7 games next season

QUOTE (TRU @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
Theres nothing worse than seeing a fan of a lousy team try and say they "have the talent to win now". Buffalo has averaged 6 wins a season for the last 9 years, that's like me coming in here and saying Miami is on the cusp of being Super Bowl contenders. The Bills gave up what is going to be prolly a top 15 pick next year, and that's if they get 7-8 wins. Could be worse if they, you know, do what they always do and go 5-11 or 6-10. So, not even counting the 6 games they have against their own division who was no worse than 8-8 last year they have to play @ Chicago, @ Houston, @ Detroit, @ Denver while getting KC, Green Bay, and San Diego at home.

You're not winning more than 7 games next year, so there.

Also, if you're interested, I have no problem with a sig bet on the Bills winning 7+ games and/or winning more games than Miami.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)
You're not winning more than 7 games next year, so there.

Also, if you're interested, I have no problem with a sig bet on the Bills winning 7+ games and/or winning more games than Miami.

Well, there's no chance they win more games then Miami so that's not really fair to you. Ill go with 7 or more wins, you win. 6 or less, I win.

QUOTE (TRU @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
Well, there's no chance they win more games then Miami so that's not really fair to you. Ill go with 7 or more wins, you win. 6 or less, I win.

Sounds good to me, parameters to be set later.

Also, the above, following this post:

QUOTE (TRU @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)

is hilarious. They had a fluky year in Sporano's first season where they got literally every break imaginable, and then got trounced in the postseason. They've had 1 other winning season since Dave Wannestedt was the coach (meaning 2 winning seasons). That's pretty much right on par with the Bills.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
Sounds good to me, parameters to be set later.

Also, the above, following this post:

is hilarious. They had a fluky year in Sporano's first season where they got literally every break imaginable, and then got trounced in the postseason. They've had 1 other winning season since Dave Wannestedt was the coach (meaning 2 winning seasons). That's pretty much right on par with the Bills.

I don't remember claiming they were a great team, but they have certainly been better than the Bills over the same time frame. They were 2 games better than the Bills last season and that was with losing to Thad Lewis and those same Bills twice. Now that they have the offensive line fixed, and Tannehill wont have to worry about getting sacked 58 times, they can improve on what was already a pretty good season last year.

You may think its hilarious, but you know damn well you would kill for a Bills "Fluky" season where they win 10+ games and the AFC east

QUOTE (TRU @ May 15, 2014 -> 08:32 AM)
I don't remember claiming they were a great team, but they have certainly been better than the Bills over the same time frame. They were 2 games better than the Bills last season and that was with losing to Thad Lewis and those same Bills twice. Now that they have the offensive line fixed, and Tannehill wont have to worry about getting sacked 58 times, they can improve on what was already a pretty good season last year.

You may think its hilarious, but you know damn well you would kill for a Bills "Fluky" season where they win 10+ games and the AFC east

FWIW, I think the Jets will finish 2nd in the AFC East.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 15, 2014 -> 08:49 AM)
If the Bills get good play out of Manuel, they should be 2nd in the East.

I just don't think any of those teams outside of the Patriots are playoff teams.

The Dolphins and Jets both finished one game out of the final playoff spot, and if it wasn't for a choke job in the final two games Miami would have been in. They are no worse than any of those 8-8, 9-7 teams that were fighting for that last spot.