Game Thread 4/8: SOX @ ROX

cabiness42

Kudos to Semien for getting back up near .250 after that horrendous start. Folks, it will be major buzzkill for that guy to be sent down when Beckham comes back. He's ready to be a big leaguer. He obviously has the mentality not giving up after that 1 for 19 or whatever it was.

Just trade Beckham now for a bag of balls. It's Semien time. It'll be a gross misjustice shipping him back to the minors.

And what a buttkicking tonight. Man, we didn't have many blowouts at all last year. Maybe the Sox offense will be fine.

Please, Tyler Flowers, keep hitting like this. Please use this as your ticket to being a big league catcher for a long time. You've worked hard to get this far. Relax and play baseball.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 04:58 AM)
Kudos to Semien for getting back up near .250 after that horrendous start. Folks, it will be major buzzkill for that guy to be sent down when Beckham comes back. He's ready to be a big leaguer. He obviously has the mentality not giving up after that 1 for 19 or whatever it was.

Just trade Beckham now for a bag of balls. It's Semien time. It'll be a gross misjustice shipping him back to the minors.

Don't tell me how to live my life. Semien needs to prove he is worth a damn. So far he has not. But I hope he does prove himself because Beckham could certainly demand at least a quality reliever.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 11:03 PM)
Don't tell me how to live my life. Semien needs to prove he is worth a damn. So far he has not. But I hope he does prove himself because Beckham could certainly demand at least a quality reliever.

Esh.. The guy has way better AB's then most players on this team. He can work counts and take walks. He seems way mature for his age and time in the bigs. I agree that it is his spot and Beckham should be nothing more then a utility guy if he isn't traded. Unless they want to go with Semien at 3rd and Beckham at 2nd.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)

Beckham still needs to prove he is worth a damn. You could probably get at least a quality reliever for Beckham right now.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)

And what a buttkicking tonight. Man, we didn't have many blowouts at all last year. Maybe the Sox offense will be fine.

Please, Tyler Flowers, keep hitting like this. Please use this as your ticket to being a big league catcher for a long time. You've worked hard to get this far. Relax and play baseball.

Horrendous start? It was 4 damned games. Come on man, have some perspective.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 12:07 AM)
Esh.. The guy has way better AB's then most players on this team. He can work counts and take walks. He seems way mature for his age and time in the bigs. I agree that it is his spot and Beckham should be nothing more then a utility guy if he isn't traded. Unless they want to go with Semien at 3rd and Beckham at 2nd.

I still think there's too much motion in his swing trigger at the plate.