Cleveland Indians vs Chicago White Sox game #3

Bigsoxhurt35

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 10:30 PM)
I love Rick Hahn and what he's doing, but boy has he/the scouting department missed with some of the bargain bin signings

The lack of quality pitching in the organization is scary right now. It's imperative that the #3 pick coming up isn't a bust. Hahn did a great job of finding some offensive starters for the next few years. In a way, it reminds me of how the Bears went from bad offense, solid defense to good offense and horrid defense.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 10:35 PM)
Are we done with Paulino and Belisario yet?

Belisario wasn't bad. Gave up one hit by pitching away from the shift and then walked someone on two questionable pitch selection calls by Nieto/Cooper.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 04:33 PM)
The lack of quality pitching in the organization is scary right now. It's imperative that the #3 pick coming up isn't a bust. Hahn did a great job of finding some offensive starters for the next few years. In a way, it reminds me of how the Bears went from bad offense, solid defense to good offense and horrid defense.

The good thing is it's the 5th starter/bullpen, way more easily solved than core pieces of the offence or frontline starters

Why was Garcia not pinch hit for in the 8th?? I would much rather have Semien or Konerko or even Flowers. Players who can hit the ball out of the damn infield.

Robin has made some very questionable calls so far this year. One big one was not challenging the home run

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)
Why was Garcia not pinch hit for in the 8th?? I would much rather have Semien or Konerko or even Flowers. Players who can hit the ball out of the damn infield.

Robin has made some very questionable calls so far this year. One big one was not challenging the home run

None of those guys bat LH……………...

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 04:44 PM)
1) Screw you Paulino, go pitch somewhere else

2) Screw the 1st base umpire and his horrible calls

3) Screw Robin and his terrible managing.

4) Screw Downs and Bellisario

Screw Jose Abreu for his A Dunn impression. The one time he put the ball in play he cost over 27k free coffee.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
Cooper has done a terrible job with the bullpen.

The bullpen certainly seems to either be a work in progress or just needs to be revamped period. But, throwing strikes would help too

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Apr 12, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
Really?

Really. Struck out 3 times, had footwork troubles at first again, and when he pit the ball in play with the bases loaded in the 4th when a run gets everyone free coffee, he taps into a 1-2-3 DP. Screw him.

And screw Don Cooper. If he can't get pitchers to throw strikes, what good is he. When Belisario was signed it was applauded on Soxtalk. Same with Downs, and Paulino was a steal. He can't get them to throw strikes, but in their defense, if any of us were on the mound and threw the meatballs they were offering, we wouldn't want to throw them anywhere near the plate either.

I just really love how people freak out after a loss. Figure I will join in on the fun. The bullpen is terrible and probably will remain terrible, but they aren't going to have a 7.00 ERA. Paulino more than likely sucks, but he isn't going to sport an 8.00 ERA for the rest of the season. Nieto played A ball last year. Why anyone would be surprised in the least bit that he will be overmatched 9 times out of 10, is curious. At least so far, this team makes games interesting. They are short a few players, especially pitchers, but maybe their guys can turn it around. It will take a huge turnaround, but it is pretty much a guarantee there will be at least a small one.

Edited by Dick Allen

I was reading this thread and saw the line about Konerko not pinch hitting. I've seriously almost forgotten Paulie is on this team.

What a waste. If they are not going to use him at all, he should just retire. I thought he'd play more than this. Not editorializing about his playing time, just saying if this is his role, cut him loose.

Edited by greg775