White Sox @ Rangers 2:05 PM - CSN

Hawkfan

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
He's still striking out at about the same rate as last year so far. To be a major leaguer while doing that he's going to have to start killing some balls.

The change in his approach this year is very obvious looking at his ABs this year.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
So you think major league players have to be told daily to call for pop ups?

There was a failure there without a doubt, but this one is on the players.

Yep, you learn that in little league.

From experience, some times you forget to when the ball is in the air and you are trying to catch it but I would expect Major League players not to make that mistake

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 09:00 PM)

There was a failure there without a doubt, but this one is on the players. Gillaspie and/or Johnson. It was clearly Gillaspie's play.

I'm not sure what has to happen to prevent that miscommunication. I'm sure they know to call it, but maybe bench someone if it happens again ?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
I think there's a difference about enjoying a player you know who's going to be good vs. enjoying a player who you know is going to regress in the near future. I don't like getting my hopes up.

To each their own I guess. No need to take over the game thread with these talks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)

There was a failure there without a doubt, but this one is on the players.

its always on the players to use fundamentals, but when you see a trend like this it makes you question whether or not the coaching staff is enforcing any kind of discipline.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
Why would Ventura care what you think?

I do not care If he cares or not, fan base getting smaller year after year somebody in Sox organization better start caring what ALL fans think.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 01:59 PM)
It's just been growing inside of me, and too many mimosas are bringing it out.

I guess I just don't care to look into the future. I choose to enjoy Tyler and Dunn hitting .300+ right now even though I know(even without advanced stats) it's not gonna last.....I understand fangraphs, but it seems to take a bit of fun out of the game.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. In fact, I think recognising it's not going to last allows me to enjoy it more whilst it does. Plus, Dunn has legitimately been hitting well, he's walking over 20% of the time and striking out a bit less than normal. He's been lucky too, but not by nearly as much.

EDIT: Plus, it works the other way, means I don't freak out about dry spells by the likes of De Aza and Abreu, because I can see a lot of that is them getting unlucky. Even though there is other issues there too.

Edited by Feeky Magee

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 09:03 PM)
I'm not sure what has to happen to prevent that miscommunication. I'm sure they know to call it, but maybe bench someone if it happens again ?

I don't get why you want to be robbed of seeing such entertaining plays like these:

derpsox_medium.gif

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)

Conor seems pretty quiet. Whether he was calling for it or not I have no idea. They might both have been calling for it, but I think it is on Johnson to make sure Flowers knows to back off. He seemed to have his head down running toward the plate.

But if that is something we all know, to think major league players have to be told is ludicrous.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
I do not care If he cares or not, fan base getting smaller year after year somebody in Sox organization better start caring what ALL fans think.

The day the manager starts worrying about what any fans thinks is the day he needs to retire.