White Sox @ Rangers 2:05 PM - CSN

Hawkfan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:55 PM)
It's one of the more remarkable things about the season. It's 120 points higher than anyone in the league.

So you have to bring it up all the time? I hate that stat. All I care about is he is getting hits more then 30% of the time right now.

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
What would be really nice for Flowers is to see a few more balls banging off the fences/leaving the park right now.

I'm happy with the guy looking like a major leaguer behind the plate. The rest is gravy.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:52 PM)
Uh, the first mention of it in this thread was followed by a :D face

It's just been growing inside of me, and too many mimosas are bringing it out.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)
I want Flowers to succeed as a player.

But when I look at it objectively, I still don't think very highly of him, even when he's almost hitting .400 this year.

I guess I just don't care to look into the future. I choose to enjoy Tyler and Dunn hitting .300+ right now even though I know(even without advanced stats) it's not gonna last.....I understand fangraphs, but it seems to take a bit of fun out of the game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 03:58 PM)
I'm happy with the guy looking like a major leaguer behind the plate. The rest is gravy.

He's still striking out at about the same rate as last year so far. To be a major leaguer while doing that he's going to have to start killing some balls.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
So you have to bring it up all the time.. I hate that stat. All I care about is he is getting hits more then 30% of the time right now.

Okay, you care more about the first 3 weeks of the season, I care more about the likelihood of it continuing for the other 5 months and 1 week. Agree to disagree.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:59 PM)
It's just been growing inside of me, and too many mimosas are bringing it out.

I guess I just don't care to look into the future. I choose to enjoy Tyler and Dunn hitting .300+ right now even though I know(even without advanced stats) it's not gonna last.....I understand fangraphs, but it seems to take a bit of fun out of the game.

I think there's a difference about enjoying a player you know who's going to be good vs. enjoying a player who you know is going to regress in the near future. I don't like getting my hopes up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 02:58 PM)
When you see it happen so often the last two years with a variety of players, it makes you wonder what in the hell is going on.

So you think major league players have to be told daily to call for pop ups?

There was a failure there without a doubt, but this one is on the players. Gillaspie and/or Johnson. It was clearly Gillaspie's play.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2014 -> 04:00 PM)
Why would Ventura care what you think?

"I think it would be a good thing for us to practice appropriate technique on how to handle things like popups and rundowns."

RV: "Ha, I'll show you!!"