Chris Sale to start Thu May 22 vs Yankees

Feeky Magee

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Thanks. So theoretically it could well be down to throwing a lot of pitches?

It's possible that fatigue caused it. The good part is thatif itwas fatigue, it's mostly likely not caused by the ligament being involved.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
Want to put $20.00 on it Mr. Overreaction? Should be a slam dunk win according to you. Spin the wheel make the deal.

Your declaring it over after a game won and more games to be played. His arm didnt get amputated. He is sore. Sorry I just find it silly to put it nicely.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:51 PM)
Feels like there's been a few guys of late with similar situations/clean MRI that ended up getting TJS a few weeks later.

I agree..............If we here he is seeing Andrews bar the door.

Feels like there's been a few guys of late with similar situations/clean MRI that ended up getting TJS a few weeks later.

What a crushing blow that would be for this city. First Rose, then the Bears' D, then Rose again, then Toews/Kane, then Garcia, and then, possibly, this.

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Your declaring it over after a game won and more games to be played. His arm didnt get amputated. He is sore. Sorry I just find it silly to put it nicely.

I simply said .500 record was over..........you said it's not putting it nicely I offered you a bet on it. Simple as that.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 09:57 PM)
I simply said .500 record was over..........you said it's not putting it nicely I offered you a bet on it. Simple as that.

I love when people use a bet to almost justify their over the top comments. I dont have to bet anything to realize that was incredibly " Game over man!" over the top. Have another beer and go to sleep.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 10:00 PM)
I love when people use a bet to almost justify their over the top comments. I dont have to bet anything to realize that was incredibly " Game over man!" over the top.

I thought so.

MRI are pretty unreliable. The only thing they really see is inflamation or fluid. In the elbow the ucl and muscles are so close together that you can't always differentiate them. This is whyi tell students that MRI stands for More Radiographic Income.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 03:01 AM)
MRI are pretty unreliable. The only thing they really see is inflamation or fluid. In the elbow the ucl and muscles are so close together that you can't always differentiate them. This is whyi tell students that MRI stands for More Radiographic Income.

So what's next? Rest for 10 days or so to see if the pain goes away?

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 22, 2014 -> 04:03 AM)
I will throw a s*** fit if he needs TJS. But I'm not worrying...yet

Well, if he was going to have to get TJS, rather it be now during rebuilding than when the team can compete. With that said, hopefully this turns out well for him. The organization seems quite relieved right now.

Holy crap, this is a lot of apocalypse and certainty about something experts debate. Going on the DL = bad. But not THAT bad. Lots of pitchers go on the DL for short stints, turn off the car and come in from the garage, honey.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 10:03 PM)
So what's next? Rest for 10 days or so to see if the pain goes away?

Yes. This is the very conservative route. They could gowith 4 or 5 days rest but I bet they go more like 10.