Chris Sale to start Thu May 22 vs Yankees

Feeky Magee

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
I don't totally disagree within reason. 125 pitches isn't too many as long as it isn't every game which it hasn't been.

How about the 127 being a career high so early in the season? Does the timing of it matter, or no?

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 05:13 PM)
I don't think Chris Sale missing the rest of this season will cost this team 15 wins at the minimum, unless you already pegged us somewhere in the mid 60s.

I had them about 72 with Sale without him about 60. This bullpen and whoever would take his spot IF he was gone 12 to 15 wins easy it is still April IMO.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
How about the 127 being a career high so early in the season? Does the timing of it matter, or no?

It all depended on how his body has reacted to the previous starts. Between ST and the beginning of the season they (Cooper) should have a good idea of his conditioning. I don't have a problem with 127 pitches as long as it isn't consistently done.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)

Maybe I am wrong, but I look at it as conditioning. There are guys conditioned to run a marathon and others for the 400. But you have to be in the right shape to do so. I don't think Sale is in 'shape' to go that far this early in the season.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
Maybe I am wrong, but I look at it as conditioning. There are guys conditioned to run a marathon and others for the 400. But you have to be in the right shape to do so. I don't think Sale is in 'shape' to go that far this early in the season.

It's possible but I would think that Cooper knows him pretty well by now.