2014 FIFA World Cup

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 08:01 AM)
Their first team just tied a team that the US beat. The US has EPL/Bundesliga caliber players playing in MLS. Just because they are in MLS doesn't mean they are worse.

US did not outplay Ghana (we won but we weren't the better team that day; do we have excuses for why, sure, but point being, Ghana is a really good team) and Germany didn't play their big game. The Germans are an absolute monster of a force.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 10:01 AM)
Their first team just tied a team that the US beat. The US has EPL/Bundesliga caliber players playing in MLS. Just because they are in MLS doesn't mean they are worse.

Aside from maybe Bradley and a couple of our goalies I don't think we have anyone who could suit up for the top 2 teams there, which is basically what their whole roster is, and the rest play for equally elite clubs. We could have players on lower table fodder but that's about it. (No I'm not counting Julian Green)

Omar Gonzalez getting the start instead of Cameron...

I don't mind Bard Davis for Bedoya, but Gonzalez has not been great lately (granted Cameron had two huge mistakes vs. Portugal, but he was a rock vs. Ghana).

Conditions favor a sloppy, low scoring match. Get a point today, render the other match irrelevant, and let's start thinking about Belgium...