Royals vs White Sox

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:30 PM)
Gotta look deeper. He has 10 quality starts in 12 starts overall. Only 8 guys have more than 10. His ERA is inflated due to 2 really bad starts.

So you are trying to say that a team would give up a good prospect for Danks?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 12:26 PM)
Danks has been far from mediocre this year. I'd bet someone would take him if he keeps pitching like he has been, but I wouldn't trade him, he's been too good.

Lexi/Gordon/Conor and some guys in the pen are all decent trade chips.

I guess just giving Davidson the position would make sense...but probably not. Conor has to show SOME power to get anything of value back because everyone expects his average to fall back to career norms and his defense is just average.

Semien's your back-up option for the moment over there.

Rienzo's really in trouble. Still shell-shocked from his last start and that first inning. Being way too careful.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
So you are trying to say that a team would give up a good prospect for Danks?

I'm trying to say he hasn't been mediocre and I wouldn't trade him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
I guess just giving Davidson the position would make sense...but probably not. Conor has to show SOME power to get anything of value back because everyone expects his average to fall back to career norms and his defense is just average.

Semien's your back-up option for the moment over there.

Semien has proven he can play 3B so if they trade Gillaspie over Beckham it'd be to play Semien.

If I were the Sox I'd dangle Beckham and Gillaspie out there and trade the one that gives you a bigger return. If it were up to me I'd keep Lexi unless they think Semien can play short or are high on Sanchez as a stop gap to Anderson.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 12:45 PM)
Why on one hand trading Reed for Davidson was a no brainer because Reed was only a reliever but now the relievers on the 26th ranked pitching staff are good trade chips?

Because they're two different issues.

And it's the same reason we were trying to trade Crain and Thornton last year.

What good does Addison Reed do with all those homers surrendered and a decent save conversation rate but so-so peripherals do for the White Sox in 2015 or 2016? He's going to get a higher salary by the year...and does anyone honestly want Addison Reed out there again down the stretch against the Tigers?

And I don't know where you got 26th ranked, I'm guessing by ERA...which has more to do with the likes of Leesman, Carroll and Rienzo and the first couple of weeks for the bullpen than Sale/Quintana/Danks. And what's the point of comparing AL and NL pitching staffs, when there's a 0.5 point ERA spread between the 2 leagues?

We have more problems offensively right now, other than Abreu. Sure, Rienzo isn't that good. Nobody thought he was. If Sale/Quintana/Danks/Rodon compile the 26th ERA in the majors in 2016 and 2017, then it's time to worry.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:52 PM)

What good does Addison Reed do with all those homers surrendered and a decent save conversation rate but so-so peripherals do for the White Sox in 2015 or 2016? He's going to get a higher salary by the year...and does anyone honestly want Addison Reed out there again down the stretch against the Tigers?

And I don't know where you got 26th ranked, I'm guessing by ERA...which has more to do with the likes of Leesman, Carroll and Rienzo and the first couple of weeks for the bullpen than Sale/Quintana/Danks. And what's the point of comparing AL and NL pitching staffs, when there's a 0.5 point ERA spread between the 2 leagues?

We have more problems offensively right now, other than Abreu. Sure, Rienzo isn't that good. Nobody thought he was. If Sale/Quintana/Danks/Rodon compile the 26th ERA in the majors in 2016 and 2017, then it's time to worry.

no one in the Sox bullpen is going to net you a prospect you can confidently say will help you. And if you don't think pitching is a concern moving forward wow. The way they drop and lack of major league ready starters in the Sox system is a bid red flag.

no one in the Sox bullpen is going to net you a prospect you can confidently say will help you. And if you don't think pitching is a concern moving forward wow. The way they drop and lack of major league ready starters in the Sox system is a bid red flag.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Rienzo, you are not fun to watch.

What was the stupid drop down that he never does? 2 outs, nobody on, 1-2 count. Unreal.

I wanted him starting to start the year but I was wrong.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:02 PM)

How could we have confidently said Marte or Thornton would help us, or Noesi and Putnam?

C'mon.

Of course, pitching is a concern...but I'm talking about Rodon and his development, because right now the back end of the rotation is rearranging Titanic deck chairs for Hahn.

Do we really want to go back to arguing about Santana and Jimenez again today? With either of those guys, we're still basically a .500 team but with more limited financial flexibility for the future.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)
Rizzo and Johnson have been huge disappointments. It has become quite obvious the Sox are going to have to spend good money to upgrade the rotation this offseason.

I'm sure you meant Rienzo.

They might as well throw Hanson out there for a few starts, Beck's not ready and sending Johnson out there again would be suicide.

Or gasp, Carroll. Heath or Surkamp would be more interesting than that option.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
How could we have confidently said Marte or Thornton would help us, or Noesi and Putnam?

C'mon.

Of course, pitching is a concern...but I'm talking about Rodon and his development, because right now the back end of the rotation is rearranging Titanic deck chairs for Hahn.

Do we really want to go back to arguing about Santana and Jimenez again today? With either of those guys, we're still basically a .500 team but with more limited financial flexibility for the future.

The Sox need a lot more pitching. They know it. It is why they were drafting pitchers in the first few rounds.