2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 09:13 AM)
Wait, we are going to trade Mritocoic with Snell / MJD? Why would we do that? Or are they implying those guys would replace MJD?

To get Afflalo and Melo, we have to get rid of pretty much everyone that's not a starter on the roster. Mirotic is a big trade chip in that scenario.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
To get Afflalo and Melo, we have to get rid of pretty much everyone that's not a starter on the roster. Mirotic is a big trade chip in that scenario.

At my health club, for the past few weeks they have had some guys doing drills on the basketball court. McDermott was there for a while. Adrien Payne has been there the entire time. Yesterday, Mirotic was there. I really don't know if it has been a secretive Bulls thing or what.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:46 AM)
He is clearly say that he believes the odds are really high that Melo is just using the Bulls.

Matt Spiegel ‏@MattSpiegel670 5m

Carmelo and Bulls talk next with Mitch Laurence of the NY Daily News next, on @670TheScore

For what though?

Stephen A. Smith this morning said Melo's priority is money, but the Knicks and Phil Jackson have made Melo believe that they're not going to offer him max money. More like 100 million (a little more than the 96 max he can get with another team), not the 120+ million max deal. If true, money won't be a big factor in his decision.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
If Melo opts out, wouldn't the Bulls be hesitant/unable to offer max money?

They are cap stuck and need to move guys in order to get another big contract.

They'd have to make some moves first of course, hopefully in the next few days before the draft.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)
For what though?

Stephen A. Smith this morning said Melo's priority is money, but the Knicks and Phil Jackson have made Melo believe that they're not going to offer him max money. More like 100 million (a little more than the 96 max he can get with another team), not the 120+ million max deal. If true, money won't be a big factor in his decision.

Mitch basically said that Jim Dolan would trump Phil Jackson and give Melo the max. Mitch Lawrence also reminded me of why everyone hates New York. What an arrogant, elitist, asshole.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 10:51 AM)
For what though?

doesn't sound like he's leaving to me :(

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
The more I hear about it, the more that I think that the Bulls are going to be used as a tool for Melo to get paid by the Knicks. He loves New York.

yep: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosen...,7609103.column

"Being used appears to be the Bulls’ purpose around the NBA. Many free agents talk about the opportunity in Chicago, but no great players come to the Bulls, and nobody knows why. If some people do know why, they’re not saying, and if the Bulls are the ones who know why, they haven’t figured out a way to change it."

David Schuster

50 mins · Chicago, IL ·

The rumor mill continues.........According to Chad Ford of ESPN.com, the Bulls are offering Taj Gibson, Tony Snell and both of their first round draft picks this year in exchange for Kevin Love.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
David Schuster

50 mins · Chicago, IL ·

The rumor mill continues.........According to Chad Ford of ESPN.com, the Bulls are offering Taj Gibson, Tony Snell and both of their first round draft picks this year in exchange for Kevin Love.

Yeah, I don't see Minnesota taking that for Love.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 02:25 PM)
Yeah, I don't see Minnesota taking that for Love.

Two things in play here. It will have to be a team that Love is willing to resign with. That limits the field pretty greatly. Secondly, with Klay Thompson seemingly not on the table, what better offer is out there, with a team that Love will resign with?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 02:29 PM)
Two things in play here. It will have to be a team that Love is willing to resign with. That limits the field pretty greatly. Secondly, with Klay Thompson seemingly not on the table, what better offer is out there, with a team that Love will resign with?

Ya, was just going to say with Klay off the table they might be able to get it done. I assume GS might offer up Barnes and Lee, which is a better offer player wise, but when you throw in the 2 picks that might be tough to choose between.

EDIT- Guess they wanted Barnes and Thompson not Thompson and Lee.

Edited by scs787

My brother ran into Melo today in Paris. I guess Nike was throwing Melo a party in the same building my brother and sister in law are staying. My sister in law told him they were from Chicago, Melo said "uh oh".

So Pippen might not be recruiting, but just part of this Nike party.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
David Schuster

50 mins · Chicago, IL ·

Rose-scrap heap-Anthony-Love-Noah. Still have to wonder if the bench would be good enough.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Rose-scrap heap-Anthony-Love-Noah. Still have to wonder if the bench would be good enough.

Anthony isn't happening.

Love would give you two stars that are young. You'd have time to build bench.