2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday I was driving and listening to all the rumors, this time, I actually think the Bulls management is doing all possible to get one of the big acquisitions this year.

My favorite non superstar offseason would be somehow getting Aflallo AND still getting number 8 from sac. Aflallo /McDermott, mirotic and keeping MDJ is actually a lot more shooting to the team.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
Yesterday I was driving and listening to all the rumors, this time, I actually think the Bulls management is doing all possible to get one of the big acquisitions this year.

My favorite non superstar offseason would be somehow getting Aflallo AND still getting number 8 from sac. Aflallo /McDermott, mirotic and keeping MDJ is actually a lot more shooting to the team.

They did everything right in 2010 too but missed out and got blamed for it.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:45 AM)
Its not realistic for every team to do that, Houston however could shed Lin/Asik and be able to work in LeBron and immediately be the best team in the NBA

I know, it just goes with out saying that you should throw everything at LeBron if you can.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:52 AM)
I know, it just goes with out saying that you should throw everything at LeBron if you can.

Well of course, hes the best player in the league. Realistically though, I think Houston could get the room and present the best situation for him to win multiple titles. I don't think the Heat are going to be able to reconfigure everything.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:50 PM)
They did everything right in 2010 too but missed out and got blamed for it.

This is why many bulls fans would prefer the team stop trying and planning for fa perios four years apart for free agency periods and trade. Love should be priority number one. With Thompson not being included, getting Afflalo to package with taj is a good deal.

Even if he's not traded this summer, they need to keep at it until the point where Love says there is no way he's signing this season.

Edited by bmags

This offseason will be fun regardless of what happens. So many possible moving parts. Lebron could win a title in most places but he'd be stupid to go to the West and run that gauntlet if he doesn't have to. I hope he does. That means Bulls can win the East. This is all basically hinges on Wade though. Bosh will probably opt out. If Wade opts in though, Lebron can't go back to Miami. My guess would be that Lebron and Wade end up back in Miami with more of a supporting cast and Bosh gets a max deal elsewhere.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 11:01 AM)
This offseason will be fun regardless of what happens. So many possible moving parts. Lebron could win a title in most places but he'd be stupid to go to the West and run that gauntlet if he doesn't have to. I hope he does. That means Bulls can win the East. This is all basically hinges on Wade though. Bosh will probably opt out. If Wade opts in though, Lebron can't go back to Miami. My guess would be that Lebron and Wade end up back in Miami with more of a supporting cast and Bosh gets a max deal elsewhere.

So, you were 5 during the 2010 offseason and don't remember it?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 06:34 AM)
I am shocked by that. Man things get a bit more fun though don't they?

It really doesn't mean anything. For the Heat to stay in tact, they all pretty much have to opt out anyway and reduce salaries to an extent. The key is going to be if Wade opts out. If he stays in, it will really limit any flexibility the Heat have.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)
Bulls need to focus on Melo and Love. James is a pipe dream and a distraction.

I think a good alternative and one you have better control of would be adding Love and Afflalo.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:03 AM)
Just realizing how bad the east will be if lebron leaves. If rose stays healthy that's like auto finals appearance.

Lebron would be foolish to leave the east unless he is joining an elite squad.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)
I think a good alternative and one you have better control of would be adding Love and Afflalo.

I would Love... to see this happen. Especially if you could bring over Mirotic to replace Taj.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 10:06 AM)

Is that really an alternative? That sounds like dream world to me. I'd absolutely love for that to happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:10 AM)
I would Love... to see this happen. Especially if you could bring over Mirotic to replace Taj.

Quietly I keep thinking the Bulls are much more in on Love then anyone expects. If you get Love then you still have ability to do some finagling if another superstar wants to join (as long as if you can get Love without giving up all of your tradeable assets). People will say, what about cap space, but in this era, if you have 2 guys that want to come, you can find ways to move contracts, imo / ultimately get the other team to agree to some form of sign and trade.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 08:11 AM)
Is that really an alternative? That sounds like dream world to me. I'd absolutely love for that to happen.

I think it is a great scenario (depending on cost) but seems like everyone has been focused on Melo / Afflalo. By the way, if we ended up with Afflalo, Mrotic and another vet, that wouldn't be the end of the world either in all reality. That is still a pretty big upgrade without losing other guys from the team (e.g., MJD / Butler / Taj). That team would be a force to reckon with in the east without Rose (not saying they'd be a title team) and with Rose they'd have a pretty good chance at a title. Again, I realize it isn't what we all want, but in a vacuum that is a largely improved team.

The key comes down to what can you get Love for. You have to really hope that Bulls front office is talking to players who are then talking to Love and his reps and ultimately Love tells Minny only team he resigns with is Chicago. If he does that, you basically get yourself in a game of chicken and take out alternative scenarios and have all of the leverage. Seems like it would be pretty tough to get Love without giving up your draft picks which then makes you wonder how you could end up pulling Afflalo (unless you dangle Mritoic).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Quietly I keep thinking the Bulls are much more in on Love then anyone expects. If you get Love then you still have ability to do some finagling if another superstar wants to join (as long as if you can get Love without giving up all of your tradeable assets). People will say, what about cap space, but in this era, if you have 2 guys that want to come, you can find ways to move contracts, imo / ultimately get the other team to agree to some form of sign and trade.

I agree. At worst you have two 25 year old stars to build around.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
I know he opted out, but the odds are near zero of his being anywhere other than Miami or MAYBE Cleveland.

I just don't see it given "The Letter" and everything that Dan Gilbert said and did. I don't think Lebron forgets that so easily.

I don't think Bosh opts out. I'm inclined to think that his value has declined significantly due to his reduced role on the Heat. Is he going to get over $20 million a year in FA? That would surprise me at this point.