2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
Love that people are praising Lebron for doing the "right" thing, despite the fact that he allowed his "friends" to opt out of a s***load of guaranteed money. Bosh is still going to get his, but Wade and Haslem just got royally f***ed.

I'm betting that those two get much larger paydays than anticipated now.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:04 PM)
Marc J. Spears - In regards to a decision for Knicks free agent forward Carmelo Anthony, a source said: "It's coming... Not today."

God damn it. At least tomorrow is Saturday.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
Love that people are praising Lebron for doing the "right" thing, despite the fact that he allowed his "friends" to opt out of a s***load of guaranteed money. Bosh is still going to get his, but Wade and Haslem just got royally f***ed.

Reports are that Wade wanted top dollar, which completely restricts the Heat ability to make other signings if Lebron got the max. Really, f*** wade. He got two titles out of this, whatever.

Haslem is a role player. Too bad

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 06:04 PM)
Marc J. Spears - In regards to a decision for Knicks free agent forward Carmelo Anthony, a source said: "It's coming... Not today."

Makes sense....wants spotlight and wouldn't get it if he announced on same day as LBJ

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:05 PM)
Reports are that Wade wanted top dollar, which completely restricts the Heat ability to make other signings if Lebron got the max. Really, f*** wade. He got two titles out of this, whatever.

Haslem is a role player. Too bad

Haslem is the only one that got f***ed.

Like LeBron told Mo Williams..."I'm a businessman, not a Thundercat" (I know this is fake, but it's still funny as hell).

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
If Melo stays in NY I'm really rooting for Wade now after reading some Wade hate posts here.

Why?

Wade helped to orchestrate the Bulls missing on Bosh/Lebron. Not to mention he is old and will be overpaid. If he wants to come here for cheap to redeem himself in Chicago, he can feel free.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
I just want to thank the Spurs for beating the crap out of Miami in the Finals. Without that performance, there's no way LeBron would leave Miami.

It's easy to say this after the fact (channeling broussard) but you could tell in that press conference that something was up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
Why?

Wade helped to orchestrate the Bulls missing on Bosh/Lebron. Not to mention he is old and will be overpaid. If he wants to come here for cheap to redeem himself in Chicago, he can feel free.

That's kinda what I'm sayin. If Lebron is getting a pass for his part in the whole big 3 then why not Wade.

After Melo it's really down to Wade/Stephenson/Trade. I'm just not sure Lance will be the scorer the Bulls need. Grab him for a year or 2 then hope to snag someone else.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:15 PM)
isn't wade supposed to be kind of a s***ty person off the court?

FWIW he and Brandon Marshall have a sports academy for kids in New Lenox. I know that alone doesn't make you a great person but I don't think he's a total douche.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
You should read some of the stuff Dwyane was accused of by his ex-wife

I know some people who went to Marquette with them. They say he really messed her up pretty bad. And even Marquette fans dislike him, lol.