2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
If you are Andrew Wiggins, is there any bright side to going to Minnesota? Is he supposed to jack up 30 shots a game and make a name for himself by averaging 20-30 points a game on a 10-win team?

What do you do if you are Andrew Wiggins stuck in Minnie?

The bright side is he has a better chance of becoming a superstar (thus make more $$$). Playing with Lebron and Kyrie he probably never really reaches that level.

Minny should be a lot of fun to watch with Rubio dishing to Lavine and Wiggins.

Edited by scs787

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Everyone said the same stuff when the Heat got together, and yet they went to 4 straight Finals and won two rings. I see no reason this will be any different, especially since this Cavs team is better than those Heat teams even when you consider the east is a little better.

The fact that they did lose twice is kind of the point. They aren't invincible.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
Kinda curious to see how the Bulls matchup with Waiters and Lebron when they're on the court.....Gotta have Butler or Snell on Lebron at least most of the time. Do they just let Waiters "get his" by putting DMD/MJD on him or go with a lot of Kirk or put Butler and Snell out there at the same time for the most part.

I like Rose on Irving, Noah on Love, and Pau on Verajo.

Um, yes, I would like a gameplan that puts pressure on Waiters to "get his" rather than pairing Mike Dunleavy on Lebron.

I don't think anything of Waiters except it sucks now all he has to do is sit on the perimeter and rain 3s. He'll get paid after rookie contract doing that.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Everyone said the same stuff when the Heat got together, and yet they went to 4 straight Finals and won two rings. I see no reason this will be any different, especially since this Cavs team is better than those Heat teams even when you consider the east is a little better.

Said the same stuff? I recall people like Jeff Van Gundy predicting them to break the wins records and everyone pretty much thinking they were a lock to win the finals until the season actually started and they started to look vulnerable.

You had two superstars joining another superstar on a team that had made the playoffs the year before. This wasn't a normal thing. People are only reacting the way they are to the cavs because we have the Lebron, Wade, and Bosh experience to have a baseline to work with.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:47 PM)
Eh, would prefer they suspend Broussard for writing "SOURCES" for PR releases.

Lebatard is who he is. Nobody should be surprised.

I loved how after the LeBron SI story came out, Broussard tweeted something along the lines of "sources confirm SI story." Thanks Chris.

And I agree about Lebatard.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Said the same stuff? I recall people like Jeff Van Gundy predicting them to break the wins records and everyone pretty much thinking they were a lock to win the finals until the season actually started and they started to look vulnerable.

You had two superstars joining another superstar on a team that had made the playoffs the year before. This wasn't a normal thing. People are only reacting the way they are to the cavs because we have the Lebron, Wade, and Bosh experience to have a baseline to work with.

Ha, well people on Soxtalk were saying the same stuff.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)

Van Gundy is a moron. I still don't think some people understand how truly difficult it is to win 72 games. I don't think that record will be broken in my lifetime.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
Van Gundy is a moron. I still don't think some people understand how truly difficult it is to win 72 games. I don't think that record will be broken in my lifetime.

With so much of the league in a perpetual tank mode, it really gives you respect to the fact that the Bulls were able to win 70+ games. That didn't happen then, like it happens today.

What irritates me about this CLE talk is the stupid assumption that all of the best players on CLE will put up equivalent numbers to their previous seasons. If we learned nothing else from the Miami experiment, it's that somebody's going to take a big hit to their counting stats

QUOTE (Boogua @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)

27 wins in a row was pretty good. I don't think they ever cared about that stuff. They only cared about teh RANGZ.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

Wade in the two seasons before Big 3:

28.4 PPG, 7.0 AST, 4.9 TRB, 2.0 STL, 1.2 BLK .484 FG%/.568 TS%

Kryie past two seasons:

21.6 PPG, 6.0 AST, 3.7 TRB, 1.5 STL, 0.3 BLK, .440 FG%/.543 TS%

Bosh in the two seasons before Big 3:

23.3 PPG, 2.4 AST, 10.4 TRB, 0.7 STL, 1.0 BLK, .502 FG%/.580 TS%

Kevin Love in the past two seasons*:

24.6 PPG, 4.0 AST, 12.8 TRB, 0.8 STL, 0.5 BLK, .439 FG%/.568 TS%

*Only played 18 games in 2012-13

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 07:59 PM)
I don't agree with people that this big 3 is better than the heat big 3, but is unfortunately deeper than the first year Miami had and Lebron is better than the first miami year.

I wonder if you'd have said that was true if Haslam hadn't been hurt for a lot of that year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
I wonder if you'd have said that was true if Haslam hadn't been hurt for a lot of that year.

Haslam was probably better healthy, but at the time miller was horrendous, he's playing much better now.

I'd take Waiters/Thompson/Verajao/Thompson over Chalmers/Haslem/Anthony/Miller in 11