2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 07:56 PM)
Until the bulls figure out rebounding issues they aren't blowing out anyone.

They're now winning games based on their talent while playing lackluster D and getting outhustled, particularly on the boards, against inferior teams. Their offense won't ever be enough to consistently beat other elite teams, so coach thibs better get them gelling and playing better D soon hopefully.

The homers on this board has been criticizing the Cavs for the start, but we look just as bad if not worse. For Christ's sake we have the easiest schedule to start the season in NBA history on paper. Yet we are barely winning games. Our hustle plays, rebounding, and defense are almost embarrassing thus far. Until we gain back our edge in grit and energy, we will be ripped apart by good teams.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
The homers on this board has been criticizing the Cavs for the start, but we look just as bad if not worse. For Christ's sake we have the easiest schedule to start the season in NBA history on paper. Yet we are barely winning games. Our hustle plays, rebounding, and defense are almost embarrassing thus far. Until we gain back our edge in grit and energy, we will be ripped apart by good teams.

W > L

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)

Did I miss the Cavs missing multiple all-stars to injury?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 08:18 PM)
Did I miss the Cavs missing multiple all-stars to injury?

Noah returned tonight, yet we give up 115 to team worst offensive team in the league, and out rebounded once again. Even with Noah in the lineup this season, we've not been good in both areas. His knee issues are a real concern, and will be for most of the year, as is Rose's health. Yet people are already penciling Bulls in for ECF and knocking Cavs out. I think we should worry about ourselves first and foremost.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 08:40 PM)
Noah returned tonight, yet we give up 115 to team worst offensive team in the league, and out rebounded once again. Even with Noah in the lineup this season, we've not been good in both areas. His knee issues are a real concern, and will be for most of the year, as is Rose's health. Yet people are already penciling Bulls in for ECF and knocking Cavs out. I think we should worry about ourselves first and foremost.

They're playing two rookies a lot of minutes. I'm not really worried yet.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 7, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
They're playing two rookies a lot of minutes. I'm not really worried yet.

A lot of our projected increase in talent lies on those guys. Our 3 biggest acquisitions were Gasol and the 2 rookies, plus return of Rose. People are raving that this would be the best Rose led Bulls team yet. But if rookies can't make a major impact this year, then I don't think we are actually better than years past. It's early, but I am saying that, we too, have a long way to go.

The Bulls are 5-1 and have had 3 starters miss games with injury, had perhaps the games best 6th man miss time hurt are working at least 4 new guys in to the rotation, and there still is panic. Just like with the Cavs, assuming good health, betting against the Bulls will make you look clueless when the season is over.

I'm just saying, it's six games in. Last year after six games I was more worried. Rose and all looked horrible. We are scoring but the hard work inside is being done by a dude on a bad ankle and a dude with a bad knee, and our second unit has two rookies. They have a lot to learn and need time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
I'm just saying, it's six games in. Last year after six games I was more worried. Rose and all looked horrible. We are scoring but the hard work inside is being done by a dude on a bad ankle and a dude with a bad knee, and our second unit has two rookies. They have a lot to learn and need time.

It kind of sounds like you guys are agreeing here.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)
Disagree. He has shown some flashes of being a really good player, he just doesn't understand the NBA game yet

He is about where I thought he'd be and better on defense. He is weak though, needs to keep getting in weight room but let's evaluate him in January.