2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 03:41 PM)
I can already see Paxson and Gar keeping flexibility for 2019 plan.

What does it matter, you can be great now (w/Melo) and then still get flexible then when it makes sense. Jabari isn't going to be a star in year 1, so worse case you wait another 4 years and sign him then with the lure of bringing him home. It isn't like he's going to get drafted by the Lakers or some major market team that will end up keeping him. If he's truly transcendental or something, Bulls could easily sign him as a FA (or he can force a trade eventually to Chicago with threat of not resigning).

Technically, had the Lakers not gave Kobe so much money, they too could have 2 max offers and they already could make a max offer to either of them. They are just a hot mess right now that no one wants to sign with, which is very strange, but they could easily position themselves and are one of the few places, that could relatively easily make room for Melo & James. Worry about collecting assets and making sure you are always in a position that you are competitive and thus attractive to those stars and then obviously don't be shy when the opportunities arise.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm taking Jabari #1. Don't care about defense with a top 5 pick. Give me a strong scorer now. Wiggins will have to get stronger and I'm not high on him for his career.

I think Exum will be dynamic as well.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 05:58 PM)
I'm taking Jabari #1. Don't care about defense with a top 5 pick. Give me a strong scorer now. Wiggins will have to get stronger and I'm not high on him for his career.

I think Exum will be dynamic as well.

Picking the best freshman to ever play for coach K is a pretty safe pick IMO.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 26, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
Gene Honda should just announce all draft picks in every sport.

This. So much this.

I think Parker will be the best player from this draft, followed by someone less expected like Exum or Smart.