White Sox vs Twins

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:00 PM)
The saddest part of that post by u yesterday is that unless we dfa him that vesting option is flat easy to reach when he is the only lefty. We really have to dfa him in a couple months if we are outa it. That's a ton of money that we really need to go to someone else to fill a pitching or outfield slot. Ada and Dayan are prolly done, maybe u keep one

Yeah, you absolutely cannot pay him 4 million next year. That would be an epic blunder by the Sox to let that happen.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
He didn't even get out of the 5th inning. His ERA is now 5.86. 3 of his last 4 starts were shorter than 5 innings.

Ding ding ding. Sure 4 runs in 7 innings... Maybe u can say that, but 4 in less than 5 innings is garbage. And even bigger issue is the stuff, it's bad and has no chance of getting better.

Back to downs, even though we will look like Dicks if we dfa him like 5 appearances before it vests u gotta do it. 4 plus million is a load of money for a team like ours

QUOTE (Señor Ding-Dong @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:10 PM)
Is it possible Rienzo and Carroll switch spots? Carroll takes Rienzo's place in the rotation and Rienzo goes to the pen in the longman role.

The options in AAA are slim and none...maybe Surkamp...

I imagine that is what they'll do. Hopefully Rienzo does well as a long reliever, as that seems to be his future role with the team going forward.

Last 2 games whoever said these last 2 pitchers kept us in the game allowing 4 runs... Well it's the f'ing twins, these are the games u hope they finally show up and allow 2. What the hell do u think is gonna happen against actual good teams like Toronto or even teams like Baltimore. Look at the joke of pitchers the twins sent out the last 3 days, that was keeping u in the game

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
I imagine that is what they'll do. Hopefully Rienzo does well as a long reliever, as that seems to be his future role with the team going forward.

Rienzo seems to do well the first few innings, so hopefully a less prominent role in the bullpen will work out for him. I hope Carroll regains the magic he had his first two starts if that is indeed the route we go, but he deserves kudos for his solid performances out of the pen bailing out our starters.

QUOTE (iguchi=dank @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
Ya I guess u go Carroll just for the change of scenery thing. Looking at the knights roster and the stats is very very sad. Hitting as much as pitching

Yeah, it's either switch Rienzo and Carroll or... I don't know...

We can't even give Leesman another shot because he's on the DL. I think we've all seen enough of Axelrod and we obviously can't bring up Johnson given his immense struggles. Hanson isn't an option either. So that leaves Surkamp or the recently acquired Hill as the only semi-reasonable options available.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
Heard on radio If Sox lose today nobody not even the 62 Mets have went this deep into the year losing every game on a given day EVER! Sox setting another first IF they do not wake up today.

This team has done way too many weird things like this during the latter part of the Ozzie tenure and the entire Ventura tenure. Team dysfunction. Maybe it's just a bad team/organization and I need to get used to it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:54 PM)
Swing the bat....can't believe they let him bat there.

You would b**** if they put flowers in over him

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 03:55 PM)
The wheels are about ready to come off for the 2014 White Sox fun while it lasted.

Was it fun for you? I have yet to see you post anything that indicates anything you have watched was fun