White Sox vs Twins

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
Adam seems to be pressing in these type of ABs.....I still think it would help him out quite a bit if they'd get the contract extension done soon.

I assume you are joking. He gets no extension from the White Sox. Time to move on.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:17 PM)
Adam seems to be pressing in these type of ABs.....I still think it would help him out quite a bit if they'd get the contract extension done soon.

I agree, and they shouldn't wait until he retires to unveil the statue.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
This team flat out sucks

Two superstars, a few above average players....and then a bunch of mediocrity. The good news it that the best players on the team are the core going forward, and the mediocre players probably won't be around next year. As long as Sale and Abreu continue to play well, and Eaton/Q/Danks perform decently, then it's not a lost season in my mind.

Edited by fathom

Team dysfunction continues under Robin/late Ozzie era. This stage of season how do you get swept in 4 game series by Minnie after sweeping SF?? Crazy crazy crazy.

No offense to Robin, but we need to try an experienced real manager like LaRussa. Oh wait we had a chance to get him and let Zona pick him up.

Hawk always saying it not who you play but when you play them is such nonsense. Angels got swept before we came to town swept the Sox. Minn lost 5 in a row before Sox came to town have won first 3 of series. Using Hawks logic Sox should of won easily in both series.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
Who are you planning on selling? I still say Dunn brings nothing and Danks brings nothing cause of his contract. These relievers like Downs will bring nothing. Ditto DeAza.

I guess you mean Beckham and Lexi.

Well, anyone other than Sale, Quintana, Eaton, Avi Garcia, or Abreu. I'd be fine unloading anyone else. Beckham, Alexei, Dunn, Downs, Belisario could net decent returns.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 10:25 PM)
Well, anyone other than Sale, Quintana, Eaton, Avi Garcia, or Abreu. I'd be fine unloading anyone else. Beckham, Alexei, Dunn, Downs, Belisario could net decent returns.

Beckham--Maybe a low level prospect.

Alexei-Yes, we'd get a lot for him.

Dunn-Absolutely nothing but a low level prospect if that.

Downs-Nothing but garbage in return if that.

Belly - Nothing but garbage in return if that.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
Lol. If the Sox do make some trades, they could end up with another top five pick in the 2015 draft. :o

This should be the goal. No reason to hover around .500 when you have the chance to unload again and draft another quality class of players.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)

Actually, they'd hang onto Belisario because he's under team control. Those other guys don't factor into the future though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:29 PM)

Beckham and Ramirez are good trade quantities. Not great but good. Ramirez definitely has good value. I'll gladly take a couple low level prospects for Beckham as long as they have some upside and potential. We should be able to move Ramirez for something good.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:38 PM)
This should be the goal. No reason to hover around .500 when you have the chance to unload again and draft another quality class of players.

This just might be the case with the way things are going right now. I won't cheer for another high draft pick but I have accepted the fact they may have another one next year.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)

Wow! After reading your evaluation I just feel like it's time to turn off the lights and padlock the door

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 10:21 PM)
Hawk always saying it not who you play but when you play them is such nonsense. Angels got swept before we came to town swept the Sox. Minn lost 5 in a row before Sox came to town have won first 3 of series. Using Hawks logic Sox should of won easily in both series.

The ole Hawk was inconsistent with his comparisons and observations today. Earlier in the game he talked about how the team just kind of sits back in these games lattely and accepts defeat. In the 9th he said the Sox never quit and they don't just rollover for any team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2014 -> 04:19 PM)
Two superstars, a few above average players....and then a bunch of mediocrity. The good news it that the best players on the team are the core going forward, and the mediocre players probably won't be around next year. As long as Sale and Abreu continue to play well, and Eaton/Q/Danks perform decently, then it's not a lost season in my mind.

The only question is how many seasons of those guys careers can you afford to waist? I'll give this team maybe another week before I join the dump players bandwagon.