6/23/2014 White Sox @ Orioles

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:19 AM)
Well, that's 8 consecutive road losses.

We have no closer (and Petricka's next in line, why not?), no catcher, no better options in LF and RF, no LH power in the minors to replace Dunn and we MIGHT be able to replace Alexei Ramirez with Carlos Sanchez, but it will still be a huge downgrade.

If it wasn't for Abreu and Eaton (glimpses), this season would be unbearable.

Just keep Sale healthy...at this point, it's all about the core developing. This team isn't competing for anything this season, so it's all about development.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
Well, that's 8 consecutive road losses.

We have no closer (and Petricka's next in line, why not?), no catcher, no better options in LF and RF, no LH power in the minors to replace Dunn and we MIGHT be able to replace Alexei Ramirez with Carlos Sanchez, but it will still be a huge downgrade.

If it wasn't for Abreu and Eaton (glimpses), this season would be unbearable.

Throw Gillaspie in there please among the good things.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
Just keep Sale healthy...at this point, it's all about the core developing. This team isn't competing for anything this season, so it's all about development.

Yea, that has been what it has been about all season.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:20 AM)
I'm sure they called for a hanging slider down the middle of the plate, and it wasn't called low and in where RB missed his spot because he sucks

Even then, why throw anything slow and low to Davis? He's a notorious low ball hitter. Belisario has a mediocre breaking pitch, as his fastball is easily his best pitch. That whole AB, Davis seemed to be looking for something slow.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 09:18 PM)
Who was saying we don't need to try anymore reclamation projects in the bullpen?

We're seven games under .500, I don't want win an extra game or two because of J.J. Putz or someone else who won't be part of the long-term core or won't be tradable this year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
We're seven games under .500, I don't want win an extra game or two because of J.J. Putz or someone else who won't be part of the long-term core or won't be tradable this year.

+1

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
The person responsible for calling that pitch should be fired/released immediately.

Seriously, what f***in numbnuts calls for that? With a guy on 2nd, I couldn't tell if Tyler called it or if Bella shook him off.

So obvious.

f***

If you notice in the replay, Belly hits his spot perfectly. It was a slider over the outer third/corner. Davis pulled it. I agree he shouldn't have thrown that pitch, but Belly threw the pitch exactly where Flowers wanted it.

I'm getting dangerously close to driving the "Suck for draft spot" bus again. God forbid we get swept in Baltimore, I think I'll be starting the campaign up against for those braves souls who are willing to have our fandom questioned again.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 08:20 PM)
Guerra the new closer? They can keep going with Belisario.

They might as well just go with Petricka and prep him for next year. Maybe Nate Jones will be back, although we can't count on that.

The idea of "selling high" on Belisario is also going out the window (too bad he couldn't have stayed in his 8th inning role, where he was doing so well) and, as predicted, Putnam's starting to come back down to earth as well.

Or they can give the job to Webb and convert Petricka back to starting. Except we now know Webb isn't close to ready for that responsibility.

And nearly anything would be better than Belisario closing and Noesi/Carroll in the 5th spot.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
Even then, why throw anything slow and low to Davis? He's a notorious low ball hitter. Belisario has a mediocre breaking pitch, as his fastball is easily his best pitch. That whole AB, Davis seemed to be looking for something slow.

A low and in slider is brutal to lefties, but Belisario threw a terrible pitch over the plate that was jacked. Belisario gave up a single, HbP and a home run. The last pitch called obviously wasn't the only bad thing happening

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 03:24 AM)
If you notice in the replay, Belly hits his spot perfectly. It was a slider over the outer third/corner. Davis pulled it. I agree he shouldn't have thrown that pitch, but Belly threw the pitch exactly where Flowers wanted it.

I'm getting dangerously close to driving the "Suck for draft spot" bus again. God forbid we get swept in Baltimore, I think I'll be starting the campaign up against for those braves souls who are willing to have our fandom questioned again.

It's a very tough call this year with regards to resurrecting Tank Commander Axelrod and TRTR. I really want to see Abreu, Eaton, Sale and Quintana perform well. I also don't want to think of the attendance being even worse next season with another horrific season this year. With that said, everyone besides the 4 players I just mentioned should be on the trade market.

I don't see the Sox being able to string together another 25-5 record like in 2010, as they just don't have the starting pitching depth.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2014 -> 09:21 PM)
And you have to give a lot of credit to Showalter for PHing Davis there.

The guy was hitting about .160 for the last month, and the guy he replaced (Delmon Young) was 3 for 4 on the night.

Yeah, that was about the DUMBEST move Showalter could have made....until it worked. Who the f*** does that?