2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

4-8 stats for ncaa baseball.

avg --- draft eligible players - to the best of my reasoning . top 50 in each cat.

18. Kevin Newman - ss - arz - avg 403

36. Ian Happ - of - cincy - avg 394

hr ---

4. Chris Shaw - 1b/of - bos col - hr - 11

14. Harrison Bader of - fla - 9

24. JJ Schwarz - dh/cat - fla - 9

25. DJ Stewart - of - fla st - 9

26. David Thompson - 3b - miami - 9

48. Alex Bregman - ss - lsu - 7

pitching ---

wins

28. Carson Fulmer - vandy - 6

K's

2. Carson Fulmer - vandy - 81

7. Nathan Kirby - virgina - 69

12. Dillon Tate - us sb - 67

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/baseball/d1/current/individual/208

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was reading last nite, i can't find the link, but it was a blog i think. someone was saying, in the next series of mock draft, they could see Tucker going into the high teen and Shaw making the low 1 rnd.

also some movement in 2 of Arz kids. i think 1 may be the ss. i can't for the life of me figure out who is the 2nd.

dang it, i wish the sox had a couple of comp picks. Thompson, Wolforth, Bader and Schwarz will be there.

I have a hard time seeing the Sox pass on Matuela if he is there. While he is recovering from surgery, he should be in line to be ready for ST next year and could push in way through the system faster than anyone in this draft will, except perhaps those headed for bullpen roles.

I still like DJ Stewart, if I were the Sox I would contact them both and throw out a dollar amount and say the first one to accept will be our pick.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
I have a hard time seeing the Sox pass on Matuela if he is there. While he is recovering from surgery, he should be in line to be ready for ST next year and could push in way through the system faster than anyone in this draft will, except perhaps those headed for bullpen roles.

I still like DJ Stewart, if I were the Sox I would contact them both and throw out a dollar amount and say the first one to accept will be our pick.

this draft, for me, is confusing, only b/c the need of this team this yr, subtract that, this draft has a very limited amount of talent that can be used in the short time. plus the BPA notion.

the pitchers, including Aiken may be gone, so does the sox role the dice with Matuela if there with his rare illness?

now there are several groups of specific players and positions. now it is that point that the team can go either way to address their needs.

continue with an arm, with a system full of arms? the team need position players, do they go that position player route? do the sox go with a very nice price young player who may be 4-5 yrs to develop and get the next wave of players.

again, this draft is going to be hard. esp after this draft, the sox may not see a top 10 pick in a very long time. so, which way to go.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)

I have an incredibly hard time picturing the Sox drafting someone that high coming off of TJ surgery. Just doesn't seem like their thing to do.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)

there is a lot to like DJ, all he has done is to improve since the beginning of the season.

but there are some other hitters that i am really liking, Bader, shaw, Thompson and another name that is starting to make an impression. i have to go and look him up in my notes. but this is the time when college hitter should start shinning.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 15, 2015 -> 06:49 PM)
I have an incredibly hard time picturing the Sox drafting someone that high coming off of TJ surgery. Just doesn't seem like their thing to do.

i really can see and agree with what you are saying, but let me play devil advocate, if a pitcher like Hoffman, last yr pitcher drafted-tj, was in this draft, i would draft him in a heart beat. again that is all things being equal and the major players are gone.

Edited by LDF

I think he has an article coming out in the next few days, but Kiley McDaniel has said a few times he's heard teams in the 6-10 range of this draft are planning on cost-saving deals with their first pick (ie: Cubs last year with Schwarber).

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
I think he has an article coming out in the next few days, but Kiley McDaniel has said a few times he's heard teams in the 6-10 range of this draft are planning on cost-saving deals with their first pick (ie: Cubs last year with Schwarber).

If they like a guy fitting this description, and it allows them to target a desired overslot in Rd. 4 with the savings, then I'm all in favor.

Any draft yielding 2 MLBers is a win.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
If they like a guy fitting this description, and it allows them to target a desired overslot in Rd. 4 with the savings, then I'm all in favor.

Any draft yielding 2 MLBers is a win.

i like that idea. but in all honesty, i can envision a player in an over slot in rd 4 or more. this is not a deep draft. there will be a lot of seniors who can be very good fillers. meaning an everyday mlb'er, no bell or whistles but a good player.

now as the other post suggested of the kind of players being pegged for the 6-10 range. i really can see that. but the sox picking at 8, well it is going to be interesting. alot of options will be at that time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 09:48 PM)
They're about 21-23 spots too low on Tate

most definitely, that was part of what i was referring to, the other the sox selection. most of all the other mocks, it being discussed the sox will pick the ss, either i think vandy or lsu.

i posted the mock, even thou i thought it was wrong.

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
most definitely, that was part of what i was referring to, the other the sox selection. most of all the other mocks, it being discussed the sox will pick the ss, either i think vandy or lsu.

i posted the mock, even thou i thought it was wrong.

I'm not a big draft follower in any sport, because I hate the idea of pining for a dozen players, knowing that you'll only get one,. But I do appreciate all the info and detail you're providing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)

you know, i was just thinking, i really like 3 other players that i started to follow. i know the sox don't have the comp picks, but very interesting players.

David Thompson-3b. was very, very good as a freshman, miss his soph yr due to an injury. recovered, played in the cape cod and remade his name, and this yr getting stronger. is among the lead in the nation in hrs, i believe as of last weekend, great avg.

Kevin Newman-ss, senior, i followed him since the cape, lead the cape at 1 point, between him and Ian Happ, they are maybe the best hitting players in the nation in college.

Alonzo Jones-ss, hs. this guy i really like, if he can maintain his hitting in college or as he gets older, wow. maybe be the fastest players period, in the whole draft.

these are comp players, i am not including Tucker, Bader and Shaw.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)
I'm not a big draft follower in any sport, because I hate the idea of pining for a dozen players, knowing that you'll only get one,. But I do appreciate all the info and detail you're providing.

thanks i appreciate that..... problem is i get bored really fast. you should see my hockey info. :lol:

edit.... there are other poster who have prob more informed than I, like Johusa. (sp)

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
thanks i appreciate that..... problem is i get bored really fast. you should see my hockey info. :lol:

edit.... there are other poster who have prob more informed than I, like Johusa. (sp)

Yeah, you guys are terrific with the info.

The highest picks in two years of Hahn are Anderson, Danish, Rodon and Adams. That's a good group , imo, so I'm going to have faith that this year will also be satisfactory, despite the lost picks andregardless of my first impression on Draft Day.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
Yeah, you guys are terrific with the info.

The highest picks in two years of Hahn are Anderson, Danish, Rodon and Adams. That's a good group , imo, so I'm going to have faith that this year will also be satisfactory, despite the lost picks andregardless of my first impression on Draft Day.

draft day, the movie??? i love that movie.

but as i have stated, might as well enjoy this last one..... the last one in the top 10 for a freaking long time. i have faith in my sox team. :headbang

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
Later round guy that could come into play: Alex Winkelman LHP, Southeast Missouri State

Is that Buehrle's Alma mater?

Edit: nope, nvm. Jefferson College in Hillsboro, MO.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Is that Buehrle's Alma mater?

No, he went to Jeffco (junior college). This guy is a junior LHP, probably tops out in the low 90s but I think he could be one of those steals in the later rounds.

One thing he could work on is his walks. He had 3 scouts at his last start (has had more at other games) and throw a complete game shut out after throwing up before the game. lol

Scroll Down for his stats this year

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 16, 2015 -> 10:33 PM)
Later round guy that could come into play: Alex Winkelman LHP, Southeast Missouri State

later round guys, Bolt-cf, Greiner-ss, Duggar-rf and Aillo-ss. these i can see at the 4 and 5 rd.

you know, this is going to be a tricky draft. as of right now, as the sox system stands, pitching is outstanding, with more than enuf to field maybe 2 teams.

so i am really looking at the positional players. there are 2 catchers that i like but mostly all positional players. BPA.... that is a phrase that i am having heartburn over. sometimes and with this draft, i just don't know. outside the 1 rnd. i do not know about any other pitchers, mostly HS kids.

Edited by LDF