2015 MLB Draft

ChiSoxJon

for those who knows. re: Phil Bickford everything I have read seems to point him as a

rp | sp. one article (baseball America) even said between now and next draft day, they

would like to see him separate from the rp into more of a sp.

any idea?????

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:12 PM)
Would this help at all?

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft

I thought it was interesting enough for now. :)

great ..... it is the new monthly.

update

with Joshua, he prob can go a little more in details with the prospect.

the first 3 is as I expect it. where they have the sox picking and player projected, I do not agree.

but I still like to see how some of the players who I think are possible for the sox do as the next yr

goes. I really wish I could get an understanding at what the sox will identify as their needs.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 09:12 PM)

great ..... it is the new monthly.

update

with Joshua, he prob can go a little more in details with the prospect.

the first 3 is as I expect it. where they have the sox picking and player projected, I do not agree.

but I still like to see how some of the players who I think are possible for the sox do as the next yr

goes. I really wish I could get an understanding at what the sox will identify as their needs.

Cool dude! I don't agree with the Carson Fulmer projection either. I looked at video of him and he has an assholes and elbows kind of delivery that looks way too inconsistent.

I looked at video of the projected #10 Walker Buehler and really liked what I saw. Interestingly enough I also found this from BA dated August 28 about the Cape Cod League and the first name mentioned is Walker Buehler.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/cap...30-prospects-2/

I feel my inner baseball nerd coming out. :D

I have only been looking up HS players but I can do the college pitchers too. Personally, I'm hoping for either Tucker or Hooper in the first round and Ryan Mountcastle in the second.

On a side note: Holy s***, I wished the Sox signed Soler

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 03:49 AM)
Cool dude! I don't agree with the Carson Fulmer projection either. I looked at video of him and he has an assholes and elbows kind of delivery that looks way too inconsistent.

I looked at video of the projected #10 Walker Buehler and really liked what I saw.

Interestingly enough I also found this from BA dated August 28 about the Cape Cod League

and the first name mentioned is Walker Buehler.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/cap...30-prospects-2/

I feel my inner baseball nerd coming out. :D

ref carson, he was a rp for over a yr in college then they convert him to sp at the end of his soph

season. he has 1 pitch - fast ball 95+ a decent secondary pitch and trying to get control of a 3 pitch

which the experts hope he will have by draft time. so he is a rp who may or may not develop as a sp.

pass!

buehler has 3 plus pitches and a 4 th as solid. he seems to be polish and good stats. I don't know. nothing

that I have read seem to overwhelm me. I don't know.

if the sox were picking 5-10 the pitcher I really am impress with is Josh Sborz. I know he is not rated in

this write up. but I really am impress.

where the sox is projected to pick as of tonite, I will look again as I mention before, of'er. there are 3 gems

depending on how Bolt develops maybe 4.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 05:26 AM)
I have only been looking up HS players but I can do the college pitchers too. Personally, I'm hoping for either Tucker or Hooper in the first round and Ryan Mountcastle in the second.

On a side note: Holy s***, I wished the Sox signed Soler

I am very surprise that Ryan Mountcastle is not listed in the first round. but with mountcastle, tucker

and hooper, all 3 are very good hs'ers. question is will the sox use a 1 rounder on a hs'er.

moountcastle sound like a name from a 14 century knights movie.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:57 AM)
I am very surprise that Ryan Mountcastle is not listed in the first round. but with mountcastle, tucker

and hooper, all 3 are very good hs'ers. question is will the sox use a 1 rounder on a hs'er.

moountcastle sound like a name from a 14 century knights movie.

They have before, most recently in 2012. If you want you could consider 2013 and Tim Anderson too since he was a 19 year old JuCo player.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 05:34 PM)
Super, super awesome early list with great info: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-mlb-draft-top-51/

thanks for the article I love all the new info of mock draft and how other sites view the players.

however I was taken aback on the list of new players listed. very interesting indeed.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Sep 11, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
Super, super awesome early list with great info: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-mlb-draft-top-51/

Thanks for the link, great preliminary look at next year's draft class. I hope the Sox go with a college player in the first round next year, even if it is Aiken or Bickford, I'm really hoping that Matuella falls to us though. For the second round I hope Hahn & co. go for a high-upside prep bat, a couple of players really stuck out from that list that might be available when our second pick rolls around.

has amazing size and athleticism almost in a Vlad Guerrero mold and Jahmai Jones has great bat speed and the athleticism to play several positions.

Regardless of which way they go with their picks it looks like a pretty strong class this year and we should get another couple of good prospects out of it.

I was reading fan graph on their mock draft. an interesting prospect pop up.

have any ever heard of a baseball pitcher pitching with both arms?

Ryan Perez, BHP, Judson (IL):

This switch pitcher from a tiny college in Illinois isn’t just a sideshow. Perez is

better from the left side, where he’s 90-93 with a plus slider at his best, and

both pitches are a tick or two lower from the right side. He has solid command,

but some scouts only saw average stuff at times and wonder if he can go in the

top 5 rounds since they haven’t seen a changeup.

Edited by LDF