Only 5 back in the Wild Card

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 05:03 PM)
the list was

10. Darvish

9. Teheran

8. Kluber

7. Sale

6. Price

5. Wainwright

4. Richards

3. Cueto

2. Kershaw

1. Hernandez

Pretty awful list.

How in the heck is Scherzer not even on the list and Sale #7? Cueto 3? Richards 4? You gotta be bleeping me!

IMO it's:

Kershaw

Sale

Felix

Scherzer

Darvish

And then a clear 2nd tier starting with maybe Price, Wainright and flavor of the week.

Cueto and Richards this high is a joke. You can def chalk those stupid picks up to "guys that are good I watch on TV more often than other guys that are better".

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
I don't think there's much of an argument that Sale is better than Felix at the moment.

Sale has the better record, WHIP, more complete games, walks less people, gives up less hits, doesn't throw a s*** ton of wild pitches. Felix has the better ER numbers, strikes out slightly more, and has pitched 7 more starts due to Sale's DL trip. There's certainly an argument to be made for Sale but the numbers are all very close except for starts made.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 04:01 PM)
If we win tonight we will only be 4 games out

If the Sox win the next 4 and get to 54-54 with 54 left, I'll give them about a 10% shot of being the road team for the wildcard.

I guess it's possible 85-77 wins it. So 35-23. It'll be tough, but stranger things have happened.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
Sale has the better record, WHIP, more complete games, walks less people, gives up less hits, doesn't throw a s*** ton of wild pitches. Felix has the better ER numbers, strikes out slightly more, and has pitched 7 more starts due to Sale's DL trip. There's certainly an argument to be made for Sale but the numbers are all very close except for starts made.

And Sale pitches in a park that is a hitter's park while Safeco is a pitcher's park.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 10:03 AM)
I don't think there's much of an argument that Sale is better than Felix at the moment.

Agreed. Felix has been the best pitcher in the AL this year and if it wasn't for Kershaw, he'd be the best pitcher in baseball.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 26, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)

That matters.