8/2 Game Thread- Sox vs Twins 6:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 06:16 PM)
Adrian Nieto is not a good hitter (yet) and Adam Eaton is en fuego, I'd sac bunt in that situation all day.

He's not necessarily bad though either...I wasn't too upset or anything, but I would have taken it off, especially when the count was at 2-0.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
Yeah but if he hits into a DP inning might be over eventually with less runs or different pitching changes. The sac bunt was really key.

Oh blah. We hit about 5 ropes after that. It's impossible to know what would have happened. It could be 9-4.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 08:13 PM)
We're crushing the ball though this inning...the sac bunt is the only easy out they've gotten.

And he could have crushed a grounder to SS for a DP and at best this game would be tied. I will say this, even though the Robin critics have ventured out and criticized before the final result they are 0 for 5 the past 3 games and have yet to admit being wrong.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 2, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
And he could have crushed a grounder to SS for a DP and at best this game would be tied. I will say this, even though the Robin critics have ventured out and criticized before the final result they are 0 for 5 the past 3 games and have yet to admit being wrong.

I'm not sure how one can prove a sac bunt was more wrong than when the next like 5 guys get RBI hits, but hey, you keep on being the smartest guy in the room.