Chicago and Seattle Tonight

elrockinMT

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:57 AM)
By the way people usually talk about Viciedo here, you wouldn't think he has 15 HRs this year.

He's the one guy out of him, Beckham, ADA, Dunn and Leury that I would be fine with if they bring him back. I think there's going to be a lot of at bats available next year in the outfield and DH (especially if Avi leaves every game due to an injury)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
I actually am interested to see if he can become a good #9 hitter (with Eaton being #1). It could create a lot of good hitting situations for not only Eaton, but Abreu and Avi (who should bat 2nd)

Same, when he comes up I want him batting 9th.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:56 PM)
I actually am interested to see if he can become a good #9 hitter (with Eaton being #1). It could create a lot of good hitting situations for not only Eaton, but Abreu and Avi (who should bat 2nd)

Avi garcia going bat 4th

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 03:59 AM)
He's the one guy out of him, Beckham, ADA, Dunn and Leury that I would be fine with if they bring him back. I think there's going to be a lot of at bats available next year in the outfield and DH (especially if Avi leaves every game due to an injury)

He's been less repulsive of late. I think unlike Beckham he does have hitting tools to work with. I wonder what he's like personally. Can he take to coaching? Surely they recommend he do what he did his last at bat; elevate, but go with the pitch more. You gotta admit ... when Tank is going bad, which is a lot, he truly is a wreck at the plate.

But I agree. I wouldn't puke if sox brought him back. Just wish he'd improve.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:01 AM)
I think Beckham back next year for final chance.

OMG ... not another final chance.

Look, not for a second baseman. They are a dime a dozen. Time to get a new one.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:01 AM)
He's been less repulsive of late. I think unlike Beckham he does have hitting tools to work with. I wonder what he's like personally. Can he take to coaching? Surely they recommend he do what he did his last at bat; elevate, but go with the pitch more. You gotta admit ... when Tank is going bad, which is a lot, he truly is a wreck at the plate.

But I agree. I wouldn't puke if sox brought him back. Just wish he'd improve.

He provides a little bit of power, which has a chance to be a massive liability for the Sox next year.

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 11:04 PM)
Why cant we bring up.chris beck too replace carroll or tommy hansen and really at this point who cares im tired of seeing scott carroll out there.

Oh this makes my brain hurt

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:04 AM)
Why cant we bring up.chris beck too replace carroll or tommy hansen and really at this point who cares im tired of seeing scott carroll out there.

Have you seen Beck's stats in the minors this year?

QUOTE (peavy44 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 11:06 PM)
Its a rebuilding year who cares who we throw out there.

Some of the guys who are long-term pieces need more time to develop in the minors. Carroll is almost 30 (if not already) and he is not part of this team's future plans.