2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
Keep reading this but Jerick not lighting the world on fire when in.

And neither is Asiata, so there is a chance that neither of them are going to be worth anything of value to your team. Its basically do you feel comfortable giving up prolly a low end WR1 and a high end RB2 for an elite TE? I guess it depends on how your team is currently built.

Just for the fun of it, through 3 weeks here are some PPG in PPR settings for TE's

Graham is #1 at 20.5 ppg

Delanie Walker is at 17.4

Antonio Gates 16.8

Niles Paul 16.4

Obviously, that gap could widen by a huge margin in a few weeks, but if you aren't hurting at TE I don't see the need to give away Alshon and Alf

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 03:48 PM)
I was offered Cordarrelle Patterson for Vernon Davis and Terrence Williams. My other TEs are Kelce and Witten. I'm tempted to make it, especially because I think CP's value is at a low point. But I have zero trust in Witten. And while I feel better about Kelce, he still splits time with Fasano and his QB is Alex Smith.

Any thoughts?

If you have confidence in CP I'd do it, I think Kelce will be good, his snaps keep increasing. I think Witten is close to done. Do you need the upgrade at wideout?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 06:59 PM)
If you have confidence in CP I'd do it, I think Kelce will be good, his snaps keep increasing. I think Witten is close to done. Do you need the upgrade at wideout?

Thanks for the response. I don't really need another WR at the moment, but I'm trying to flip Dez for Le'Veon Bell. So in that case, I would need another WR.

Also, the trade fell through so it's a moot point. Long story, but the guy cancelled the offer due to some backstabbing by my roommate/league commissioner.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 12:09 AM)
Thanks for the response. I don't really need another WR at the moment, but I'm trying to flip Dez for Le'Veon Bell. So in that case, I would need another WR.

Also, the trade fell through so it's a moot point. Long story, but the guy cancelled the offer due to some backstabbing by my roommate/league commissioner.

That sounds like a bad league.

Alright, I have to pose this scenario and y'all tell me if I have a right to be mad or not. Currently, I'm pretty pissed...

My roommate is also my league commissioner for a league with all of our old college buddies. We were out at dinner when I got a trade offer I had worked all day on getting. Our league doesn't do official veto's, so the commish just accepts all trades as soon as the 2 parties agree. So I ask him "Hey, when we get home, will you go ahead and approve a trade I just made?" He says sure, then he asks who I traded for. I tell him because I didn't think it was a big deal.

Apparently while we were eating, he texts our buddy who I made the trade with and tells him he'll up the offer and to cancel the one he made to me. That's f***ed up, right? I would never tell anyone else in my fantasy league about a potential trade. But because he's our commish and I need his approval to push it through, I thought it would be fine. He's completely in the wrong, right? If he wasn't the commish, I'd have never even mentioned the trade. He abused his power, correct?

I know it's just fantasy football, so I feel a little stupid being mad over this. But I can't help it.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 12:19 AM)
Alright, I have to pose this scenario and y'all tell me if I have a right to be mad or not. Currently, I'm pretty pissed...

My roommate is also my league commissioner for a league with all of our old college buddies. We were out at dinner when I got a trade offer I had worked all day on getting. Our league doesn't do official veto's, so the commish just accepts all trades as soon as the 2 parties agree. So I ask him "Hey, when we get home, will you go ahead and approve a trade I just made?" He says sure, then he asks who I traded for. I tell him because I didn't think it was a big deal.

Apparently while we were eating, he texts our buddy who I made the trade with and tells him he'll up the offer and to cancel the one he made to me. That's f***ed up, right? I would never tell anyone else in my fantasy league about a potential trade. But because he's our commish and I need his approval to push it through, I thought it would be fine. He's completely in the wrong, right? If he wasn't the commish, I'd have never even mentioned the trade. He abused his power, correct?

I know it's just fantasy football, so I feel a little stupid being mad over this. But I can't help it.

That's bulls***, indeed. No one else in the league had a chance to "one up" the offer, so he abused power here. You guys had agreed to a trade that was fair, and he took it off the table to help his own team. Can't do that. What would stop him from doing this for every trade ever accepted? Just because it wasn't officially emailed out via Yahoo doesn't make it correct (or maybe it was, for all to see and then wonder what happened).

The only way something like this would fly is if your league had a rule (and some leagues do) that when a trade is accepted, it gets put out to everyone, and teams have a day or whatever to propose a better one that either manager can accept, otherwise it goes through. That way, no b****ing about "I would have offered you way more!"

You guys don't have this rule, so it's crap what he did and you have every right to be pissed off. You aren't being stupid at all, I'd be furious and I'd be letting him and everyone else know about it.

While it was a dick move, it sounds like you never completed the trade. You should hate accepted before telling anyone else.

In my league, trades just go through. The commish shouldn't have any extra power.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Guy offered me Jimmy Graham and Asiata from Alshon and Alfred Morris. He didn't understand why I laughed at him.

Eh, that's really not bad, especially in a PPR league. Graham is a monster and there is no one else in his category at his position. Jeffery is a high upside WR2 bordering on WR1 but has to deal with his teammate for targets. Morris is better than Asiata but they are closer than you think in PPR formats since Morris catches about 8 passes per year. From an opportunity cost standpoint, and without knowing both of your rosters, that really isn't a bad trade offer, especially in a PPR format

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 23, 2014 -> 04:48 PM)
I was offered Cordarrelle Patterson for Vernon Davis and Terrence Williams. My other TEs are Kelce and Witten. I'm tempted to make it, especially because I think CP's value is at a low point. But I have zero trust in Witten. And while I feel better about Kelce, he still splits time with Fasano and his QB is Alex Smith.

Any thoughts?

I'd make that trade in a PPR league. CP and Witten will catch passes and Davis will have "bad" games because of all the options in SF

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 01:19 AM)

That's messed up. That guy should not be the commissioner, but the commissioner should also not have that kind of power IMO

The fact that he'd cancel the trade is what's messed up. If he wasn't commissioner, he wouldn't be able to do that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 05:29 AM)
While it was a dick move, it sounds like you never completed the trade. You should hate accepted before telling anyone else.

In my league, trades just go through. The commish shouldn't have any extra power.

I'm pretty sure the trade was proposed and accepted on the site, the commish just had to approve. So it was technically agreed to and completed and then the commissioner decided to abuse his power.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 05:29 AM)

Yeah, Steve, you're right. I never logged in to ESPN to accept the trade. It was still sitting out there open. I guess I could have done it from my phone, but I was just waiting until we got home.

Technically, there is a 2-day veto period. So trades don't go through for 48 hours. In our league, however, we just ask the commish to push it through without having to wait so that people can make wavier claims, other trades, etc.

Like you said, you should never mention a trade to anyone else until it's officially accepted. I know that. But as I mentioned, the only reason I even told him was because I needed his help pushing it through so that I could make waiver claims last night and add a new TE. I certainly would never tell anyone else in our league.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
He's your roommate, right? So he probably leaves his yahoo account auto-logged in. Wait until he's gone and then cut his whole team.

Haha, this crossed my mind. I do know his password. But two wrongs don't make a right. Dropping his whole team would be even more f'd up than what he did.

It's still wrong, because he's the only person in the league that had the opportunity to play the "hey don't do that trade I'll offer you more" card. Whether or not you hit "accept" doesn't make a difference to me because the other guy proposed it, so it was officially out there, and you had already went over it. His actions caused the other guy to cancel it, and the only reason he could was because he was the commissioner. That's not right.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
It's still wrong, because he's the only person in the league that had the opportunity to play the "hey don't do that trade I'll offer you more" card. Whether or not you hit "accept" doesn't make a difference to me because the other guy proposed it, so it was officially out there, and you had already went over it. His actions caused the other guy to cancel it, and the only reason he could was because he was the commissioner. That's not right.

Right, it's not just you who got screwed over but the entire rest of the league.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 24, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
Yeah, Steve, you're right. I never logged in to ESPN to accept the trade. It was still sitting out there open. I guess I could have done it from my phone, but I was just waiting until we got home.

Technically, there is a 2-day veto period. So trades don't go through for 48 hours. In our league, however, we just ask the commish to push it through without having to wait so that people can make wavier claims, other trades, etc.

Like you said, you should never mention a trade to anyone else until it's officially accepted. I know that. But as I mentioned, the only reason I even told him was because I needed his help pushing it through so that I could make waiver claims last night and add a new TE. I certainly would never tell anyone else in our league.

Oh, well then that's not as big of a deal. Telling him about it without accepting was an error on your part.

Edited by chw42