2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in 3 leagues I care about and a 4th I just do since I'm friends with the guys but don't care too much about (non-PPR, no fractional scoring). I'm 1st in the one I care the most about but the 8 seed has the 4th most points in the league (He's the 8th seed because the worst playoff team is the 7 seed since he beat a guy last week by 20 who was out of it and played 4 players who didn't even play - kind of pissed about that). I'm 3rd and 1st in the other two I care about and snuck into 6th in the other one to make the final playoff spot.

QUOTE (staxx @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
happy beginning of playoffs!

4 questionables with megaton,alshon,ellington and desean this week. could be a short playoff run for me if they're out

Megatron isn't questionable, don't worry. Ellington is almost assuredly out though and DJax won't be 100% if he plays so I'd make alternate plans for them

In the two leagues I care about the most I'm in one of those situations everyone who plays in multiple leagues dreads. (Both are QB in the Flex leagues)

In the league I'm the #1 seed in, I have Drew Brees and Mike Evans. The guy I'm playing in my other league where I'm the 3 seed has Drew Brees, Mike Evans and Jimmy Graham.

Meanwhile, the 8 seed I'm playing has Jay Cutler, Alshon Jeffery and Justin Forsett. My 3 seed in the other league I start all 3 as well. I'd gladly walk away with winning 1 of my matchups this week. Brutal!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 08:14 AM)
Megatron isn't questionable, don't worry. Ellington is almost assuredly out though and DJax won't be 100% if he plays so I'd make alternate plans for them

Murray and Jeffery have helped my cause tonight. Luckily I have Tre Mason/Daniel Herron so they are my backups.

I was considering playing Mason over Ellington anyway

Edited by staxx

Melanie Collins is the prettiest woman in sports media. She hosts the Yahoo fantasy football show.

Going with Asiata over Ivory. Sigh. My RB situation is brutal right now.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 12:37 PM)
5th in my main league because we decided to split into 2 divisions this year and the other division is god awful. I hate you fantasy football.

So this is going to happen. I'm going to finish 9-5 with the 3rd most points and not get in while that other division winner has the 7th most points in the league. I hate you fantasy football but I still love you Odell Beckham.

I was feeling pretty good going into the later games with Julius Thomas being active and having Jamaal Charles and Keenan Allen left to go. Charles did not disappoint, but Thomas didn't wind up playing despite being active (0 points!) and Allen had one catch for 4 yards! (0.4 points) to wind up with 100.72 points on the week.

Now, I'm only up 20 points and my opponent has Matt Ryan. I'm sure I'll lose by a couple points. To get that fat 0 from two players is brutal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:56 AM)
In one league I have a 14 point lead with Lacy and Roddy White (or Harry Douglas) going against Jordy and ATL's kicker.

My other team has a 30 point lead facing Lacy, Cobb, and the Packers D.

Thinking I will go 1-1 this week.

Thanks to a negative score from the Packers D, went 2-0 this week. Semifinals here I come.