2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
Is Oakland committing to Murray? I've clinched a playoff spot but in line for a bye.

I had McFadden all season and dropped him for Murray yesterday. The way I see it is McFad hasn't really done anything all season so why not take the risk on Murray. He might not do much but I think it's the right move.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 19, 2014 -> 09:24 AM)
I think they are, but their schedule for RBs in the fantasy playoffs is brutal.

I'm desperate with Bradshaw out and now Minn picking up Tate when I have McKinnon.

So my matchup this week in my most important league is essentially for our division (division winners get money back). It's the hybrid-dynasty league with QB allowed in FLEX and PPR. We also play 2 IDP instead of a team defense. I'm down by 6 with Drew Brees and Justin Tucker left and he has Kyle Orton and a LB left. I am going to finish with at least the 2nd highest score this week. His team I might lose to? Mark Sanchez, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Matt Forte, Trent Richardson, Tim Wright and Kyle Orton....UGH

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 07:23 AM)
So my matchup this week in my most important league is essentially for our division (division winners get money back). It's the hybrid-dynasty league with QB allowed in FLEX and PPR. We also play 2 IDP instead of a team defense. I'm down by 6 with Drew Brees and Justin Tucker left and he has Kyle Orton and a LB left. I am going to finish with at least the 2nd highest score this week. His team I might lose to? Mark Sanchez, Jarvis Landry, Jordan Matthews, Matt Forte, Trent Richardson, Tim Wright and Kyle Orton....UGH

What a load of suck. Only two guys that would have been drafted this year in his lineup...lol

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 12:27 PM)
I'm up 8 and he has the Bills defense left. I'm nervous.

Well that didn't end up well.

At least your result was known by 8.

I got screwed by that last TD by Graham. I lost by 0.08.

I think there's a chance I get a stat correction though. Charles got credited with a -9 yard run when it should have been a -9 yard reception. I play in half PPR so it's a .5 point difference. That'd be enough to get me the win.

If Denver's D/ST can be kept to under 6 points, I should get a 1st round by in my work league. I'll also avoid being the only 2 wins against the worst team in the league who never bothered to change his starting lineup once. If I had a halfway competent QB instead of Cam Newton, I'd be a lock for 1st place in the regular season.

QUOTE (TRU @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 06:25 PM)
This was my 12 team PPR mock from the other night, I was going with the zero RB strategy but had to change it a little bit due to a player falling to me I didnt expect to be available..

QB: Tony Romo

RB: Montee Ball

RB: Rashad Jennings

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Dez Bryant

TE: Kyle Rudolph

Flex: Randall Cobb

K: Mason Crosby

Def: Pittsburgh

BN: Josh Gordon

BN: Robert Griffin III

BN: Danny Woodhead

BN: Jeremy Hill

BN: Devonta Freeman

Well know before the season whether or not Gordon will be playing this year, so thats an easy drop and replace if hes out for the year. I like Pittsburgh matchup hosting Cleveland week 1 and will be streaming defenses. Montee Ball slipped to the end of round 3 and I had to take him. He has a chance to be a top 5-7 back.

So I think I am sold on going WR-WR from now on in my fantasy drafts. Above was the team I started with, and here is what I was able to do with that team.

QB: Drew Brees

RB: CJ Anderson

RB: Rashad Jennings

WR: Demaryius Thomas

WR: Dez Bryant

TE: Kyle Rudolph

Flex: Josh Gordon

K: Justin Tucker

Def: Miami

BN: Dennard Robinson

BN: Latavius Murray

BN: Jordan Mathews

BN: Michael Rivera

BN: Dwayne Allen

I was able to trade Randall Cobb for Drew Brees since I had Josh Gordon on the bench making his return. I have 3 elite WRs and two pretty damn good RBs, and solid RB depth on my bench pretty much all done through the waiver wire. I am going to finish the regular season at 8-5, the #2 seed with a first round bye, and the most points scored in the league. My only concern is how CJ Anderson is going to be used in 2 weeks when its likely Hillman and Ball are back. If he loses that feature role, I might be in trouble.

Looks like I'm going to finish 5th in my 12 team league(4 teams make the playoffs) with the 3rd most points and 5th in my main league because we decided to split into 2 divisions this year and the other division is god awful. I hate you fantasy football.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Looks like I'm going to finish 5th in my 12 team league(4 teams make the playoffs) with the 3rd most points and 5th in my main league because we decided to split into 2 divisions this year and the other division is god awful. I hate you fantasy football.

Divisions are the worst. We had a team get the 2 seed and a bye last year at 6-7. We scrapped divisions this year and its much better

QUOTE (TRU @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
Divisions are the worst. We had a team get the 2 seed and a bye last year at 6-7. We scrapped divisions this year and its much better

We have 3 divisions and winners actually get their money back. I won my division this year and our division has the top 3 teams in points scored and 4 out of the top 5. I'm not a commissioner so I don't know how it's done, but is there a way on yahoo to set it up so that the division winners do not automatically get the top 3 seeds?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 1, 2014 -> 01:58 PM)
We have 3 divisions and winners actually get their money back. I won my division this year and our division has the top 3 teams in points scored and 4 out of the top 5. I'm not a commissioner so I don't know how it's done, but is there a way on yahoo to set it up so that the division winners do not automatically get the top 3 seeds?

Yeah there is. Our league has divisions but the top 3 records get the top 3 seeds. Divisions are there to alter scheduling and that's it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 06:58 AM)
Our league got rid of divisions because it screwed up the scheduling.

With 12 teams we play our division rivals twice and then everyone else except one team once. We also assign 3 captains who draft their own divisions. The 9th place winner and 5th place winner are captains (nice way to entice people to play all 16 weeks) and then we randomly draw one of the top 4 places out of a hat to be the 3rd captain. It's a fun little addition to the league.