2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
Tennessee's rush D sucks, but Gerhart is not really a high points potential guy.

You are probably right, I might just like the Jaguars way too much tonight. Guess I am hoping for a couple goalline scores. The other guys matchups kind of suck too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 20, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I think you gotta go Sanders, Clausen is just such a wild card for Alshon

It's tough though because the Broncos stopped throwing the past few weeks and sanders only has like 7 targets the past 2 weeks. At thd end of the day, who has the better chance of scoring? I think they will have similar yardage.

I'm going to win 3 leagues...what do those teams have in common? They all had Odell Beckham on them.

All hail the great Odell Beckham! He's the reason I'm $250 richer.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 12:27 AM)
I'm going to win 3 leagues...what do those teams have in common? They all had Odell Beckham on them.

All hail the great Odell Beckham! He's the reason I'm $250 richer.

Fantasy game changer. He's also on my team that won the championship.

Here was my team in my most important league (2-QB, PPR)

QB- Andrew Luck

RB- Jamaal Charles (traded Ben Tate, Josh Gordon, Keenan Allen in week 4)

RB - Le'Veon Bell

WR-Calvin Johnson

WR-Mike Evans

TE-Travis Kelce/Delanie Walker

QB?FLEX- Drew Brees (Traded Julius Thomas who was a 18th round keeper and Phillip Rivers to a guy who was out of it at the trade deadline)

K- Who cares? (But it was Justin Tucker all year)

Def- We start 2 IDP instead of a team defense, I had Worrliow and Timmons (top 10 guys)

The lowest points I had scored all year was 130ish and I had the most points scored all year. I scored 106 points this week. The team I lost to, the 6th seed with the 5th most points in the league, scored 141 this week. So I lost. Fantasy playoffs are bulls***.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)

QB- Andrew Luck

RB - Le'Veon Bell

WR-Calvin Johnson

WR-Mike Evans

QB?FLEX- Drew Brees (Traded Julius Thomas who was a 18th round keeper and Phillip Rivers to a guy who was out of it at the trade deadline)

Def- We start 2 IDP instead of a team defense, I had Worrliow and Timmons (top 10 guys)

The lowest points I had scored all year was 130ish and I had the most points scored all year. I scored 106 points this week. The team I lost to, the 6th seed with the 5th most points in the league, scored 141 this week. So I lost. Fantasy playoffs are bulls***.

Jesus, that team is stacked and you got screwed. I don't mind monetizing the playoffs, but I have always believed in a payout that favors regular seasons or, at the very least, is about 50/50.

My team sucked this year so I didn't have to worry about the playoffs, but only 4 get into the playoffs and we run 2 week playoff games - weeks 14 and 15 is the semi-final, 16 and 17 is the championship.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 06:17 PM)
Jesus, that team is stacked and you got screwed. I don't mind monetizing the playoffs, but I have always believed in a payout that favors regular seasons or, at the very least, is about 50/50.

My team sucked this year so I didn't have to worry about the playoffs, but only 4 get into the playoffs and we run 2 week playoff games - weeks 14 and 15 is the semi-final, 16 and 17 is the championship.

We pay out the entry fee back to the division winners and then there is weekly prize $$, so I did win my division and 6 individual weeks. It wasn't even about the money though. It'd be nice, but this league is with my closest friends from high school and bragging rights are most important. Someone tracks historical performance, and despite having the most "wins" and highest PPG average all time (and it's honestly not even that close) and also being the only person in 9 years to never miss the playoffs, I have never won. And I hear about it all the time lol

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)

QB- Andrew Luck

RB - Le'Veon Bell

WR-Calvin Johnson

WR-Mike Evans

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2014 -> 10:51 PM)
One of my leagues I finished in 6th with a 6-7 record, made the playoffs by 4 points. Just beat an 11-2 team to win the championship, lol.

I have a 14 point lead in my other league facing Jeremy Hill, so that's a toss up.

Lol, I won one league as the 6 seed, and that Jeremy Hill long touchdown lost me the title to the 6 seed in my other league.

I guess it pays to be average during the regular season. :P

I was the lowest seeded team in playoffs and made the championship game only to get massacred something like 160 to 85. Aaron Rodgers did me no favors the last 2 weeks of the season. Somehow I won in the semis despite his pedestrian numbers. He stunk last week and did me no good in the final.

I'm sure the favored teams that lost to me in rounds one and two of the playoffs are very pissed. I win second place money; big deal.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 22, 2014 -> 06:21 PM)
So if we wouldn't have changed to the division format in my main league this year I would have won the championship. So frustrating.

Me too. Due to the change, I missed the playoffs instead.

Yahoo still thinks I won our championship - twisting the knife.