2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 05:43 AM)
Does anyone really pay attention to those projections? I don't.

Think I was projected to only get 95 one time and scored 170.

Pay attention to them? Sure. Obviously anything within a 10-15 pt margin is probably going to be a close game, but a 50 pts swing like I just saw, jesus. My team underperforms pretty much every week minus Tom Brady. Brady was a fantastic pick up for me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 30, 2014 -> 07:03 AM)
With Romo a game time decision, my best option to pick up was RG3, who may play, and Brian Hoyer if both of the first two are out.

God have mercy on my soul.

Picked up Austin Davis since Romo is iffy and Cutler is on bye.

My teams are falling apart. :snow

I benched Rivers 30 minutes before 1pm and put in Kaepernick. I took almost a 30pt lead into tonight vs Luck and lost by .7 points. So Kaepernick's fumble cost me the game. He couldve gotten stuffed at the goal line and I would've won. Pretty much sums up my last two seasons of fantasy football.

Frank Gore is absolutely killing my team. I'm finally going to sit him next week in favor of either Charlie Sims, Tre Mason, or if I can pull off a trade, Arian Foster. With all the Tony Romo injuries, I'm trying to dump both Romo and Dez Bryant or Terrance Williams on someone because god forbid Brandon Weeden gets more playing time, all those players will be useless.

I've scored a combined 287 points in a half PPR league the last two weeks. Teams usually score around 110. I should be 2-0 or at least 1-1 right? Nope, 0-2. Scored 155 and 132 and still lost by 20 in each game.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
Frank Gore is absolutely killing my team. I'm finally going to sit him next week in favor of either Charlie Sims, Tre Mason, or if I can pull off a trade, Arian Foster. With all the Tony Romo injuries, I'm trying to dump both Romo and Dez Bryant or Terrance Williams on someone because god forbid Brandon Weeden gets more playing time, all those players will be useless.

I wouldn't play Mason for the next 2 weeks. And their whole offense is garbage, he will have a hard time scoring TD's this year.

Once again, I score the 2nd least amount of point in my league for the week, but played the guy who scored the least. My 6-3 record is such a sham.

I did a last second FanDuel for $1 for the Sunday afternoon games. I finished 10 pts behind the guy who won $3000 and won only $20. I was sweating the end of the 49ers game. If Colin threw a TD to Vernon Davis, what could've been.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)

Foster is on aa bye next week

So I need to find a RB for this week off of the scrap heap, any thoughts on this pile of garbage?

Lorenzo Taliaferro Bal - RB

Peyton Hillis NYG - RB

Bryce Brown Buf - RB

Cedric Peerman Cin - RB

Toby Gerhart Jax - RB

James Starks GB - RB

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 08:26 AM)
So I need to find a RB for this week off of the scrap heap, any thoughts on this pile of garbage?

Peyton Hillis NYG - RB

Bryce Brown Buf - RB

Cedric Peerman Cin - RB

Toby Gerhart Jax - RB

James Starks GB - RB

All garbage. But, Taliaferro gets the most PT out of all of them.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)

Peyton Hillis NYG - RB

Bryce Brown Buf - RB

Cedric Peerman Cin - RB

Toby Gerhart Jax - RB

James Starks GB - RB

I'd rank them Starks, Taliaferro, ugh, Brown maybe?, then who cares. Hillis perhaps at 4.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 11:22 AM)
Don't draft a 2nd QB they said, there will be options available they said.....

Do I go with

The Sanchise

Hoyer

Orton (Tough matchup)

McCown

Vick

Bortels

I'm going to pick up Sanchez.

Here's Orton's standard fantasy numbers this year though (against the Lions, Pats, Vikings, and Jets, only one of whom has a really bad pass defense):

Det - 14 pts

NE - 17 pts

Min - 17 pts

NYJ - 25 pts

He's not a bad fill-in, no matter the defense he's facing.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 12:22 PM)
Don't draft a 2nd QB they said, there will be options available they said.....

Do I go with

The Sanchise

Hoyer

Orton (Tough matchup)

McCown

Vick

Bortels

I kind of like Vick this week. He has a nice matchup with Pittsburgh and is always a threat for some free points with his legs. Orton scares me with the Chiefs' D. He holds the ball a long time and KC gets to the QB very quickly. Plus Watkins left practice with a groin so he may be out Sunday, who knows. Bortles could put up some junk time points so he could have a relevant fantasy day. I wouldn't consider the other 3 for this week.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
2 QB, 1/2 PPR team I am uneasy about

QB Big Ben

QB Mike Vick

RB Le'veon Bell

RB Eddie Lacy

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Dez Bryant

TE Julius Thomas

FLEX

I am leaning towards Denard Robinson (vs. DAL) in my FLEX but I am skeptical. I also have Lamar Miller (@ DET), Odell Beckham Jr. (@ SEA) and Charles Sims who hasn't quite taken over yet. I have Brady, Rivers, LaFell and Andre Johnson all on byes and I really need to win this week. Stick with Robinson?

I would. Miller might be dealing with some nagging injuries and Detroit is tough against the run. Beckham is promising but has a horrible matchup and Sims has zero NFL carries. So I'd roll with Robinson.