2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 05:33 PM)
There's some crazy fantasy numbers going up this week.

I'm going to score 160 and lose. Roethlisberger and Brown have combined for 80. I have Sanders and Charles and they got me 65 combined. I still have Jordy and Cobb left so there's still some hope.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, I thought I would struggle this week with AJ being scratched, Welker on the bench and me starting Jeremy Hill. It's great to know that 2QBs are all you need in a league like mine though.

Peyton Manning - 41 points

Ben ROFLSberger - 82 points

I could've benched the rest of my offensive starters and still win most likely

Ugh, been averaging 164 points a week, scored 170 with Terrance Willams and Dan Bailey still to go...I'm losing by 83....God Damn Poindexters

And for my weekly frustrating post about fanduel.....I played Vereen, Nelson, and R. Wilson...Completely wasting my Brandon Lafell and Miami D picks. Those 3 combined got me 24 points. Miami got me 28, Lafell 23.9

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 02:46 AM)
I'm the commissioner of my league. Check out this awful trade that someone is trying to pass.....

Russel Wilson

for

Michael Crabtree

Bishop Sankey

There's nothing wrong with that trade.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 09:06 AM)
Your league should have a veto process

No league should have a veto process because people use the veto as a weapon and not how it is supposed to be used

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 07:30 PM)
I'm going to score 160 and lose. Roethlisberger and Brown have combined for 80. I have Sanders and Charles and they got me 65 combined. I still have Jordy and Cobb left so there's still some hope.

I scored 167 this week. I'm up 5 points and he has Niles Paul going tonight (PPR). I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose because Jeremy Maclin and Kyle Orton combined for like 80 points

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
Lynch, v. Jackson, torrey Smith and m. Bennett all rolling zero points for me right now.

So bennett ended up pulling through but the rest of those guys plus Cam Newton sunk my team. Short of getting 18 out of Morris tonight, it's another loss.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 27, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
No league should have a veto process because people use the veto as a weapon and not how it is supposed to be used

This is why I'm glad we don't have vetoes in my league. We used to, but now it's just commissioner approval (or co-commish approval). If it's obvious collusion, the trade is turned down, but otherwise it goes through, even in cases where it seems one side is heavily favored.

As I mentioned previously, I traded Brees, Green, and Gordon for Foles, Fred Jackson, Keenan Allen, and Jerick McKinnon. If we had a league veto in place, that would have gotten shot down at the time - Green was beasting, Keenan Allen was rather pedestrian, and Fred Jackson probably just barely made up the difference between those two, but I needed value out of Gordon to have a chance. Meanwhile, McKinnon was playing second fiddle to Asiata.

Two hours after the trade was approved and put through, Green went out with a toe and hasn't played since. Had I not made that trade, I wouldn't have won this past week.

I'm in two leagues in which the only players I have for both leagues is Gronk and Denver DEF. I started 0-3 in each. I'll finish this week 5-3 in each. I've made no major acquisitions or trades short of picking up Denver D on the FA wire in both leagues and grabbing KC D in another.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 28, 2014 -> 06:43 AM)
Does anyone really pay attention to those projections? I don't.

Think I was projected to only get 95 one time and scored 170.

A couple guys in my league do and it's annoying.

Lost by about .6 points this week despite having the 3rd highest score of near 170. Now 5-3 and haven't gotten anything from Calvin Johnson or Rashad Jennings in 4 weeks now. 3 losses in a row and now am 2nd in my division. Frustrating.