2014 Fantasy Football Thread

Dude, if you're the commissioner of course you let that trade go through. Denying a trade because you're bitter someone didn't accept your s***tier offer is some real cowardly s***. And going to the other trade partner and trying to convince him to make a trade with you instead of the deal he's already agreed to is probably even worse.

I hope there is no money involved in your league, because I know I would straight up leave over a stunt like you're suggesting, even if I wasn't one of the two teams involved in a trade. A commissioner that abuses his power will always destroy a league, especially if it's f***ing with people's money.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 01:46 AM)
I'm the commissioner of my league. Check out this awful trade that someone is trying to pass.....

Russel Wilson

for

Michael Crabtree

Bishop Sankey

Wilson is ranked 5th in QB, Crabtree is ranked 33rd, and Sankey is 47th. AND Crabtree isn't even playing this week and he is texting me asking to put the trade through right away.

I'm so sick of this dude. He is the same guy who I've been trying to trade Romo and Terrance Williams to, whom he said he is interested in, but then all he does is talk s*** about them through text. I offered Romo and Williams for LeSean McCoy. He replies "Yeah right man, Romo could get injured at any moment and suck again, and Williams is a bum." I didn't bite on his awful offers of Sankey and Brandin Cooks, so now he is going to try to rob this other guy of his QB because he doesn't want to go in to a 2nd straight week starting Carson Palmer.

So do I just straight up veto the trade and probably get b****ed at by him for being bitter about our trade not working out, or do I try to convince the other guy that I can offer him a better combo and get him to cancel the deal, not stopping it if he chooses to let it go through?

EDIT: Or 3rd option I guess is to completely ignore it and let it happen.

You let the trade happen. The only time you should ever veto a trade is if people are colluding. This is obviously not the same situation. The guy trading Russell is probably trying to sell high on him (because he doesn't believe he's the 5th rated QB) and is trying to buy low on Crabtree and Sankey (presumably because he feels that Crabtree is a legit WR2 and he'll turn it on in the second half of the year while Sankey is going to start getting the bulk of carries for a Tennessee team that is in rebuilding/evaluation mode).

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 07:44 AM)
I had hillman, he had emmanual sanders.

Woof.

I had both, so not as big of a problem on that TD Hillman didn't score when he stepped out of bounds. Those two Thompson TDs had me pretty pissed though. I would have already won my game if he got 2 of those. I got 64 points from Sanders, Hillman, and the Denver D though, so I'm happy.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 06:34 AM)
Dude, if you're the commissioner of course you let that trade go through. Denying a trade because you're bitter someone didn't accept your s***tier offer is some real cowardly s***. And going to the other trade partner and trying to convince him to make a trade with you instead of the deal he's already agreed to is probably even worse.

I hope there is no money involved in your league, because I know I would straight up leave over a stunt like you're suggesting, even if I wasn't one of the two teams involved in a trade. A commissioner that abuses his power will always destroy a league, especially if it's f***ing with people's money.

I'm not vetoing it because I'm bitter, I'm saying that's what HE would say. I'm considering vetoing it because it's an awful f***ing trade. Part of being a comissioner is also not allowing wildly unfair trades to occur. This isn't the first trade he's pulled off since we tried trading. He made that TY Hilton move that a couple weeks ago that I didn't veto because that was at least in the realm of realism.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:19 AM)
I'm not vetoing it because I'm bitter, I'm saying that's what HE would say. I'm considering vetoing it because it's an awful f***ing trade. Part of being a comissioner is also not allowing wildly unfair trades to occur. This isn't the first trade he's pulled off since we tried trading. He made that TY Hilton move that a couple weeks ago that I didn't veto because that was at least in the realm of realism.

I explained how this one is in the realm of realism too. You have to allow it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:38 AM)
I explained how this one is in the realm of realism too. You have to allow it.

As stupid as it is, you just have to let it go sometimes.

You're supposed to be impartial as a commissioner. If you're not, have a veto process where you're not the only person in charge.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 10:42 AM)
As stupid as it is, you just have to let it go sometimes.

You're supposed to be impartial as a commissioner. If you're not, have a veto process where you're not the only person in charge.

Two weeks ago I traded Drew Brees, AJ Green, and Josh Gordon for Nick Foles, Fred Jackson, Keenan Allen, and Jerrod McKinnon. Yeah, I got the raw end of the deal, but my team was 1-4 and in the current state of my team, I was going to get no value for Josh Gordon. I was roasted by my league members but the commish put it through as the only reason we veto trades is obvious collusion, not because someone is getting the raw end of the deal.

Turns out that I've actually gotten the very best of that trade thus far as Green hasn't played those weeks so I've at least been able to get production from someone else, plus I had Sanu on my bench. Jackson's out but now McKinnon is the starter in Minnesota. Funny how that stuff works out sometimes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 24, 2014 -> 11:14 AM)
That's a terrible offer.

And yet, still better than the deal in question.

I've decided to not veto it because I don't want to start a fight, however I did text the other owner and gave him a second chance to review the trade. He's said he was drunk when he did it and doesn't even know who he traded. Said he will get back to me later "if he cares enough."

So we'll see.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 26, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
Lynch, v. Jackson, torrey Smith and m. Bennett all rolling zero points for me right now.

I had to play VJax with the Giants on bye and Wayne out. Know he is playing hurt, but Jesus.