2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Oct 12, 2014 -> 07:53 PM)
Just want to point out both Gates and Royal had touchdowns today and Keenan continues to be invisible. BTW that's 13 TD's for Royal in the past 21 games. At some point it's more of reality than aberration.

Eddie Royal had 18 career TDs coming into this season in his 6 year career. Last year he had 8. 5 came in the first two games and the other 3 came in the last 14 games. So yeah, I'm going to take his 70+ game career more seriously than a 3 or 4 game TD hot streak. If you want to go ahead and buy it, good luck to you, but I'm personally not buying Eddie Royal.

Mother f***ing Frank Gore. All I need was for him to just get HALF of what he was projected to get, and he couldn't do it. And they used Hyde at the end of the game. I actually had a decent week, and I still can't win. 5 straight losses. Thanks Calvin Johnson and Vernon Davis.

One of my buddies lost tonight because of that last minute pick 6 by the 49ers. He was up by like 3 pts, but the other guy had the 49ers defense. The only thing that could cause him to lose was a defensive TD, and they got it. He got f***ed too.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 01:57 AM)
Mother f***ing Frank Gore. All I need was for him to just get HALF of what he was projected to get, and he couldn't do it. And they used Hyde at the end of the game. I actually had a decent week, and I still can't win. 5 straight losses. Thanks Calvin Johnson and Vernon Davis.

One of my buddies lost tonight because of that last minute pick 6 by the 49ers. He was up by like 3 pts, but the other guy had the 49ers defense. The only thing that could cause him to lose was a defensive TD, and they got it. He got f***ed too.

Had him on my team for a Fanduel survivor tourny. I was glad they took him out because he was rushing for negative yards in the 4th. The top 5,000 entries advance to the next round, I end up being 4,985th.

Had he lost another 5 yards, I would have been out.

2-1 this week.

Two 5-1 teams, one 3-3.

I have no idea why my 3-3 team is failing.

How can you lose with this roster?

Jay Cutler Chi - QB

Tony Romo Dal - QB

Dez Bryant Dal - WR

Percy Harvin Sea - WR

Sammy Watkins Buf - WR

Cordarrelle Patterson Min - WR

Dwayne Bowe KC - WR

C.J. Spiller Buf - RB

Andre Ellington Ari - RB

Ben Tate Cle - RB

Zac Stacy StL - RB

Trent Richardson Ind - RB

Vernon Davis SF - TE

Jared Cook StL - TE

Nick Novak SD - K

Buffalo - DEF

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 10:53 AM)
2-1 this week.

Two 5-1 teams, one 3-3.

Jay Cutler Chi - QB

Tony Romo Dal - QB

Dez Bryant Dal - WR

Percy Harvin Sea - WR

Sammy Watkins Buf - WR

Dwayne Bowe KC - WR

C.J. Spiller Buf - RB

Andre Ellington Ari - RB

Ben Tate Cle - RB

Zac Stacy StL - RB

Vernon Davis SF - TE

Jared Cook StL - TE

Nick Novak SD - K

Buffalo - DEF

Your RBs aren't that good. That's why. You have a bunch of guys who can get you 10-20 points a week when things go their way, but you don't have a guy who will definitely get you 10-20 points a week (Jamaal Charles, Demarco Murray, Matt Forte, etc.).

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)
Your RBs aren't that good. That's why. You have a bunch of guys who can get you 10-20 points a week when things go their way, but you don't have a guy who will definitely get you 10-20 points a week (Jamaal Charles, Demarco Murray, Matt Forte, etc.).

It was a keeper league. I chose Dez Bryant over Marshawn Lynch. All of the other RBs were already gone by that time.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 07:57 AM)
I have the most points in the league and I'm 3-3. Go figure.

That is where I fall. I started 0-3 too and two of those weeks i had 2nd / 3rd most points in the week and lost. Nice to at least have battled back to 3-3 but still an uphill battle.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:53 AM)
2-1 this week.

Two 5-1 teams, one 3-3.

Jay Cutler Chi - QB

Tony Romo Dal - QB

Dez Bryant Dal - WR

Percy Harvin Sea - WR

Sammy Watkins Buf - WR

Dwayne Bowe KC - WR

C.J. Spiller Buf - RB

Andre Ellington Ari - RB

Ben Tate Cle - RB

Zac Stacy StL - RB

Vernon Davis SF - TE

Jared Cook StL - TE

Nick Novak SD - K

Buffalo - DEF

To be frank, I really don't like that roster. 3-3 seems right, I wouldn't even be surprised if you were worse.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 12:13 PM)
To be frank, I really don't like that roster. 3-3 seems right, I wouldn't even be surprised if you were worse.

The keeper talent in our league left me with limited options.

I still think that the roster will make the playoffs.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 11:55 AM)

Same with the WRs outside of Dez. A bunch of guys who could (and should) be good but have been very disappointing so far

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Vernon Davis or Dwayne Allen this week?

Calvin Johnson or Terrance Williams?

Davis and Williams. Calvin isn't going to play.

Edit: No, go with Allen. Too many pass catching options in SF and I can't trust Kaepernick at all. Luck is going to throw a ton all year long and he has a lot of faith in Allen, especially in the red zone.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 04:43 PM)
Uhhh, I don't have a paypal account so I had to get my winnings from fanduel via check....I withdrew 10 bucks and I just got a check for 100.....What would you do?

I could reallllly use the $$. Don't wanna be a "scumbag" though.

Call FanDuel immediately. The last thing you need is for them to debit your account with a $90 overdraft and then you not find out about it until it's at a collection agency or something like that. You can screw up a lot in life and still recover, but a s***ty credit score makes life really, really, really hard.

QUOTE (SnB @ Oct 14, 2014 -> 08:57 PM)
Vereen/Joique/Bush/Hillman/Sankey? Pick One to compliment Gio. (PPR)

I have quite the stash of boom or bust RB2s.

Tough to not pick Hillman after performance against Jets run d.