2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 19, 2014 -> 07:21 PM)
You're f***ed.

Actually, I just noticed I got a few points late from another player late, so I am actually up by 2 pts.

But still Gore has 1 pt at halftime. I hate this season. Calvin, Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, all busts so far for one reason or another.

Looks like playing Wes Welker over Terrance Williams or Sanu would have been the better move this week.

Well I am 6-1 now.

Made another trade. Traded Eddie Lacy and Vernon Davis for Ben Tate and Martellus Bennett.

QB Aaron Rodgers

RB LeSean McCoy

RB Ahmad Bradshaw

WR Julio Jones

WR Dez Bryant

WR Emmanuel Sanders

TE Martellus Bennett

FLEX WR Mike Wallace

DEF Lions

K Dan Bailey

Bench

QB Alex Smith

RB Ben Tate

RB Isiah Crowell

WR Josh Gordon

WR Malcolm Floyd

TE Jason Witten

TE Dwayne Allen

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
Who do you guys have on all your teams that have been paying dividends for you? I have Lamar Miller in all three leagues and he's been an RB1 to this point.

Yesterday I was finally rewarded for holding Tre Mason on my bench in my 14 team league. That felt very nice.

Randall Cobb. I have him on 3 of my 4 teams.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 20, 2014 -> 02:09 PM)
Randall Cobb. I have him on 3 of my 4 teams.

Traded Justin Forsett for Steve Smith...

Kind of an even trade, but I'm leaning toward saying Smith is better...which is why I made the trade.

My main league I've went from 4-0 to 4-3...blah. At least I have a league that I'll be pretty surprised if I don't win at least some money, the Peyton-Rivers combo is just too much in a 2 qb league.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
Traded Justin Forsett for Steve Smith...

Kind of an even trade, but I'm leaning toward saying Smith is better...which is why I made the trade.

Depends on what you have. Forsett is an RB2 and Smith is a WR2. RB2s are way more valuable at this point, unless your team is loaded on RBs.

I have 3-4 WR2s on my team (Cobb, Sanders, White, Crabtree), but I would really like more stable RBs.

This is the first time we've ever put money in to our league, and this is the worst I've ever done in my life. 1-6 now. I'm in dead last, and oh, lucky me, I just got a phone call from the local sporting goods store telling me that my trophy I put together for this league is now complete. Great, I basically have 0 chance of winning this thing and the season is only halfway over.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
This is the first time we've ever put money in to our league, and this is the worst I've ever done in my life. 1-6 now. I'm in dead last, and oh, lucky me, I just got a phone call from the local sporting goods store telling me that my trophy I put together for this league is now complete. Great, I basically have 0 chance of winning this thing and the season is only halfway over.

I think it's because people try more when money's on the line.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
I think it's because people try more when money's on the line.

Nah, it's because Calvin Johnson and Vernon Davis were my 1st and 3rd RD picks and they've both been hurt all year. I'm losing games well within the margin of those 2 guys being healthy. Add to that Frank Gore and Zac Stacy were my RB1 and RB2 and they've been both horrendous over the past few weeks. I drafted a pretty solid team, one that should have me at least over .500 right now, but those injuries and those 2 RB have just murdered me in winnable games.

You guys need to start playing daily fantasy on FanDuel or DraftKings. You aren't stuck with the same lineup of busts or injured players, you can mix it up every week and you can win money each Sunday. Although it can become addicting, lol.

(And if you would like a referral link, I'd be happy to provide one :D )

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
You guys need to start playing daily fantasy on FanDuel or DraftKings. You aren't stuck with the same lineup of busts or injured players, you can mix it up every week and you can win money each Sunday. Although it can become addicting, lol.

After this horrible season, I don't feel like putting any more money in to fantasy anything. Heh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)

Fanduel makes me sad. =(