2014 Fantasy Football Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 10:40 PM)
Finally decided to play Brady over Romo this week. Brady scored 22 pts. I'm happy.

Also, since Brady seems to be back, I'm trying package Romo and Terrance Williams together. Made this offer....

Tony Romo

Terrance Williams

Vernon Davis

For

LeSean McCoy

Rob Gronkowski

lol there's no way you're getting someone to agree to that.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 11:34 PM)
I start there, and eventually get him to agree to Romo/Williams for McCoy. After all, McCoy only has 1 TD this season.

He'd have to either hate McCoy or be super desperate for a mid-tier QB and WR2 to make that trade.

Once that line gets healthy in Philly, McCoy is going to be a stud again. He showed that last week.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 12:32 AM)
He'd have to either hate McCoy or be super desperate for a mid-tier QB and WR2 to make that trade.

Once that line gets healthy in Philly, McCoy is going to be a stud again. He showed that last week.

If by mid-tier, you mean top 10 annually.

He's got Carson Palmer right now.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 12:43 AM)
If by mid-tier, you mean top 10 annually.

He's got Carson Palmer right now.

Top 10 doesn't really mean a lot in fantasy football for QBs, considering everyone's first QB should be at least top 15.

And Tony Romo's not even projected to be top 10 for the rest of the season: http://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/ros-qb.php

If I'm trading McCoy I better get a top 5 QB back in return and then some.

Edited by chw42

I lost by half a point last week, but after stat corrections today, I ended up with a win. Turns out the Falcons defense (who my opponent started) had a sack deducted from their total and that was enough to get me a half point win.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 11:10 PM)
I listened to Soxtalk. Yay, Vereen. Also started Ivory.

Nice. I didn't listen to my own advice and sat Vereen. Though that was mostly due to the fact that I had Brady/Gronk starting and didn't want to have a fluky weather or special teams game doom my team on a Thursday night.

At least my opponent sat Ivory, so I'll call it a wash.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 16, 2014 -> 09:37 PM)
Crowell, Bush, or Floyd at flex this week? Standard scoring. Little nervous about Bush coming off an injury and his general ineffectiveness this season, Floyd has been boom or bust, and Crowell seems to have the most upside playing against the Jags but I don't know if he will get enough touches. What do you think?

Any help here???

so I started the season with Brady and watched him suck for 3 weeks before dropping him and making Rivers my starting QB.

This week I'm playing the last place team and he picked up Brady and started him and of course he gets him 22pts. Between that garbage and the Peterson crap, I dont even know why I care anymore this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 12:12 PM)
Cruz and AP for me as well. Thank God for Rodgers, Olsen, n Bradshaw.

Bradshaw has been a life saver for me. I actually wasn't too down about the Cruz injury because I have Odell Beckham and think he might break out pretty big now.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 17, 2014 -> 07:39 AM)
Crowell has the best chance at a TD. That's gonna be a 65/35 or so split in the Cleveland backfield and Jacksonville is terrible stopping the run

I'm leaning towards Bush because Megatron is out again and I think Bush/Tate are their only real receiving threats this week. I assume the Saints will score some points so the Lions will have to either keep pace or play catch up

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
Really tempted to start Kaep over Brees this week. Somebody talk me out of this.

I'm starting Roethlisberger over Brees this week, as well as Cutler.

Kaep has a good matchup. They're going to have to throw the ball a lot. They did that last week and he ended up with 300+ yards.