The Adam Dunn Appreciation Thread

The Ultimate Champion

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 10:20 AM)
I doubt Adam Dunn cares that you don't "appreciate" him.

I doubt Adam Dunn cares that you think he doesn't care that I don't appreciate him.

I doubt Adam Dunn even cares about baseball a good amount of the time.

Oakland is going to get a guy for the stretch whose mind is already on the golf course.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Clearly you people have issues following instructions.,

This thread is for NEGATIVITY only!

This guy was horrible, and the Sox were too cheap to ditch him earlier.

I have to admit though, I can see why people are wanting to be positive. I too am very happy this guy is about to be gone. I really want to be negative but the hate isn't spewing out, just joy over this guy finally getting the f*** off of this team and out of this city.

:)

Every day for this team is going to be a brighter one now.

And Beckham's gone too.

Phew.

Wait, so we are invading your thread and making multiple posts about how much we appreciate Dunn, and you don't like it? :D

Oh the irony

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 10:30 AM)
Oh come on now this is ridiculous. Your typical Adam Dunn slump (lasting weeks) was characterised by loafing and he spent 1 of his 4 years here doing nothing BUT loaf.

Haha, I said butt loaf.

Walking back to the dugout after fanning is not loafing, except in Little League.

And speaking of Little League the Sox honored the JRW team last night. They gave them all White Sox backpacks with school supplies, a White Sox jersey with their number on it signed by the entire team, and introduced them one by one having them run around the bases with the White Sox lined up on the 3rd base line giving them all high fives. That had to be awesome for an 11-13 year old kid.

Edited by Dick Allen

I'm gonna miss the big guy. I think guys like him have a place in a good offense. Oakland has or had the top ranked offense and they had 2 guys who were Dunn-esque in their lineup and now it likes like they're adding Dunn.

If push came to shove and the Sox miss out on other DH candidates I'd welcome him back with open arms.

This is like an Amway convention in here with all the fake positivity crap. Good God.

No, he's not coming back, and no, we don't want him. We wanted him for about 5 months or so after he signed his contract and we've been wanting to ditch him since. It's like if your home was invaded by rats, you finally got rid of them, but then you find yourself kind of missing all the funny things they used to do more than you appreciate the experience of living in first world health conditions. Just let the guy go, he's terrible, good riddance, and Oakland just got worse.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
Also nice to see we got a potential RP prospect. It's a good thing we held onto this guy so long, no way we'd have gotten a haul like this in ST or last year.

Reading up on this guy, at least when he was drafted a couple of years ago, he wasn't a bad prospect. I think he was ranked 12th coming into this season for Oakland. Does look like he is already a reliever, so who knows, but this is definitely a better prospect than the garbage that usually gets acquired in these types of trades.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 31, 2014 -> 11:05 AM)
Reading up on this guy, at least when he was drafted a couple of years ago, he wasn't a bad prospect. I think he was ranked 12th coming into this season for Oakland. Does look like he is already a reliever, so who knows, but this is definitely a better prospect than the garbage that usually gets acquired in these types of trades.

I think we've pretty much gotten every penny out of Dunn's "value" and same with DeAza. The difference IMO is we could have gotten this out of a Dunn a long time ago. Oh well, the playing time is all that matters, and now the last month of White Sox baseball is infinitely more watchable.

Hopefully one of the AAA guys will perform & give the Sox something more to think about while they are in their organizational meetings this year. Hahn still has a lot of work to do.