September Callups

flavum

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the way they handled Rodon in the minors (starting, not relieving) makes me think they had zero intention of using him in the MLB as a starter this year. Since Rodon is clearly more comfortable starting instead of relieving they must not want to take the risk by putting him in the MLB pen only to hurt his development. Look at Sale back in 2010. He started zero games in the minors, was called up, and came out of the bullpen. I think it makes sense not to force him into a role he clearly has no future with unless he busts. Makes sense in my head at least :lol:

It would have been fun to see him, but I don't think these September games have any effect on his career, other than putting a few more dollars in his bank account. Maybe if he opted for a more team friendly deal, he comes up, but the Sox might as well play hardball while they can, because unless he gets a new agent and/or the White Sox get new ownership, if he is anywhere near as good as we all hope, he is a White Sox for at most 6 seasons.

Boras will never sign off on a Sale or Q like extension. Never. The Sox are going to get 3 cheap seasons from him and then the arb dance. I think next season the tell in whether the Sox really are confident they are contenders is where Rodon starts the season. If they really think they are legit, and he is fine in spring training, he should be on the team. If he is sent to Charlotte, unless he is really struggling in AZ, IMO, they aren't so confident in their chances . Might as well try to nickel and dime him while you can.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 11:28 PM)
I like that Rodon is apparently finished for the year. Its been a long year for him so let him go home, rest and get ready for ST. I can see Rodon leaving Arizona with the Sox next year.

unless there is a wink wink call up to the majors before the end of the sept.

i know what the twitter said, but i will believe it when sept comes to an end/

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)
See you June 15, 2015, Carlos. Hope the holdout was worth the extra few hundred K, instead of hitting free agency a year earlier.

Sorry for the dumb question, but could you explain how you came by that particular date? I know it has to do with service time and when he becomes a free agent, but someone else guessed May - just trying to learn some of the particulars.

Sort of a depressing list. Taylor's 28, Carroll's 28, Phegley's 26, Danks is 27, Bassitt isn't a top prospect. Semien is the only one of these guys who is a potential starter down the road and he's probably going to platoon at third so we'll see him a quarter of the time. I would have loved to see if Mitchell could have been a DeAza-level contributor. Instead, we're stuck with another month of the Jordan Danks experiment. Oh well, more time to focus on my job.

QUOTE (Timmy U @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 02:22 AM)
Sort of a depressing list. Taylor's 28, Carroll's 28, Phegley's 26, Danks is 27, Bassitt isn't a top prospect. Semien is the only one of these guys who is a potential starter down the road and he's probably going to platoon at third so we'll see him a quarter of the time. I would have loved to see if Mitchell could have been a DeAza-level contributor. Instead, we're stuck with another month of the Jordan Danks experiment. Oh well, more time to focus on my job.

damn...... you just made me depress. :angry: