9/15 at KC Royals

flavum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 10:27 PM)
Nothing like a "closer" that gets rocked by lefties. He should be a 7th or 8th inning guy next year, at best.

Thank god from what Rock was saying that the sox don't view him as our closer. Just a s***ty game from our defense.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 10:27 PM)
Nothing like a "closer" that gets rocked by lefties. He should be a 7th or 8th inning guy next year, at best.

He really didn't get rocked. Moustakas hit a bloop double, it was a good pitch on the inside half that he just muscled. Aoki was just fair down 3rd base line. Average.

That was such bad baseball by the Sox late. Wild pitches. Lousy defense. Amazing.

I was telling somebody Yost might regret taking out Aoki after his 4-for-4. He might need the bat in the 12th inning. Then wham, the pinch runner Gore scores from second on a simple ground ball. He would have scored even had the ball been fielded cleanly I think. Holy cow.

Hopefully the White Sox will get this bad baseball out of their system this season and be a contender before too many more years elapse.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 04:29 AM)
Wow, what an incredible way to lose. If I wanted the Sox to win tonight, I'd be furious.

I am not furious only because of the sickening KC fans who I hear b**** and moan on the talk shows every day. Yost may be a clown but he made the right moves with the pinch runners tonight. Won them a game.

As far as the Sox meltdown clown show late ... I still can't believe all the wild pitches and horrible defense and all-out giving KC that game.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
Trying to think draft pick.

Failing.

But trying.

To me it's more thinking of protected. I can care less where we pick from 5-11, as long as it's protected. Barring any high schoolers surprising, the top talent in next year's draft isn't as strong as this years. I'm a big time prospect whore, but I don't want to see us picking top 3 again as it means we haven't improved at all as an organization.

I had Royals fans texting me throughout the game and I told them not to worry that they would win because our bullpen is the worst in baseball. I had to text them and say 'I told you so' even though I hate people who say I told you so.

Royals fans are really really pathetic. They are more pessimistic than I am, on the rare occasions the Sox have a good team.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 03:40 AM)
To me it's more thinking of protected. I can care less where we pick from 5-11, as long as it's protected. Barring any high schoolers surprising, the top talent in next year's draft isn't as strong as this years. I'm a big time prospect whore, but I don't want to see us picking top 3 again as it means we haven't improved at all as an organization.

I'm in total agreement...I'm fine if they stay in the range they're at, but I would hate to see the Sox lose their protection for a few meaningless wins the last two weeks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 04:37 AM)
Eaton, Abreu and Avi all had multiple hits tonight. Danks had a great start. What more could you ask for?

You know what I could ask for that I didn't get.

It says a lot about the state of MLB that the Sox are not in last place. What a rotten baseball team.

Edited by greg775