2014-2015 MLB off season player movement and rumors thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 06:03 PM)
RT @ChrisCotillo #BlueJays deal with Ronald Belisario has fallen through

South Side Sox ‏@SouthSideSox 8m8 minutes ago

Still can't close.

that is funny. i wonder what happen there. its not like Bellsario has many options.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 07:10 AM)
Didn't realize Joba is still out there. With Hahn wanting more bullpen help, he have to be in on him, right?

I'd still much rather have Joe Thatcher. He walks like 1/3 as many guys as Joba, and still strikes people out. And he's not just a LOOGY either, although he obviously puts up better numbers against lefties.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Andrew Jones drawing interest from teams. Not saying he would be good, but I would like it if he was back in the league. One of my favorite all time players.

He actually was pretty good his one season with the White Sox, although his all time great-like defense had slipped a bunch then.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)
He actually was pretty good his one season with the White Sox, although his all time great-like defense had slipped a bunch then.

Yeah his OPS was over 800 with us. Of course the defense slipped due to injuries and old age most likely.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Sorry, but what is P&C?

As far as Jones, I don't think it's that crazy to think the Sox might be one of the two teams involved. The Sox pride themselves in looking absolutely everywhere for talent, KW loved him and with Bonifacio being the de facto back up CF, they don't really need their 4th OF to be that pysically able. If he can still hit I wouldn't mind it.

Pitchers and catchers

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick 1h1 hour ago

Free agent catcher Gerald Laird is signing a minor league deal with the #dbacks, source says.

Their catching situation is an absolute joke without Montero. Right now, their opening day catcher is Tuffy Gosewisch. A 9-year minor leaguer with a .239 minor league average.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 2, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
Their catching situation is an absolute joke without Montero. Right now, their opening day catcher is Tuffy Gosewisch. A 9-year minor leaguer with a .239 minor league average.

That name alone is probably good for 10 HR over the course of a season. If they could somehow acquire Corky Miller, they're set.

Trade them one of Flowers, Brantly, Kottraras, Soto or Smith!

They are a good candidate to end up with Welington Castillo. He will be playing somewhere next year.