July 2nd (2015) prospects

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
Now what will be interesting here is teams like Houston, the Cubs, Dodgers, etc are going to start seeing some roster crunches as all of this volume of signings starts to move through there systems. Where the White Sox excel is by identifying guys who fall through the cracks, and then grabbing them for pennies on the dollar.

yea a good point, but i see those teams keeping the really good players and give up on the others.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 09:59 AM)
yea a good point, but i see those teams keeping the really good players and give up on the others.

Just by sheer numbers, they won't be able to protect them all. That is exactly how we picked jose Quintana off of the Yankees.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
Just by sheer numbers, they won't be able to protect them all. That is exactly how we picked jose Quintana off of the Yankees.

any that is a possibility, then again, you are assuming it might happen. i am talking about the sure things to see, not an assumption.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
So, are Reyes and Tatis the only ones were favored to sign for tomorrow?

Looking like it. Reyes is so slow, he looks like he's walking when he's running.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
So, are Reyes and Tatis the only ones were favored to sign for tomorrow?

OF Franklin Reyes

SS Fernando Tatis Jr.

OF Harvin Mendoza

SS Santo Vazquez

SS Bryant Nova

C Carlos Soto

According to BA

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 12:13 AM)
What's the latest with Eddy Julio Ramirez?

*Martinez

Kiley McDaniel project him going to the Dodgers for 11M, while Jesse Sanchez said that the race is still open

Lucius Fox isn't signing with the Dodgers as talks broke down, according to Kiley McDaniel and Jesse Sanchez. Both have him landing with the Giants for $6.5M according to McDaniel, which will put them in the red for the next 2 years.

That's another team in the red for 2016 and most of the traditionally bigger spending teams are out. As of right now, the Yankees, Dodgers, Giants, DBacks, Rays, Cubs, Red Sox, Angels are non factors in 2016, and after July 2nd you can add the Phillies and the Blue Jays too. Keep an eye out on the Royals and the Twins as well.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
Per Jesse Sanchez, Sox have (so far) signed Franklin Reyes for $1.5M, and Fernando Tatis Jr for $700k.

Reports on Future Sox coming soon.

Lets grab Martinez or Guerrero Jr and I'll be happy.

Edit: also, Dodgers sign Alvarez for $16 mill and a few others for around $2 mill. Were only slotted for $2 mill to spend. They have to figure out a way to fix this system.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)

Edit: also, Dodgers sign Alvarez for $16 mill and a few others for around $2 mill. Were only slotted for $2 mill to spend. They have to figure out a way to fix this system.

Changes are coming after next year I believe. That's why it's important to take advantage in one of these next two signing periods and just blow past slot.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)

Guerrero Jr is not coming to the Sox, the Blue Jays had him locked up for a while.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
Everyone should follow Jesse Sanchez on twitter to monitor the chaos. @JesseSanchezMlb

Bed Badler as well. While it is a fun day, we all need to remember teams are signing the equivalent of high school juniors and a ton will change over the next six years when these guys start making the majors.

I know MLB and BA have not been doing the international rankings all that long, but it would be interesting to see how well (or poorly) correlated the rankings are to future success.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
Per Jesse Sanchez, Sox have (so far) signed Franklin Reyes for $1.5M, and Fernando Tatis Jr for $700k.

Reports on Future Sox coming soon.

I think that they're going to announce more players today since they haven't issued a press release yet and I imagine that both Hahn and Paddy are in the DR and are going to introduce the players to the local media

According to industry sources, the White Sox agreed to an $825,000 signing bonus with shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr., ranked No. 27 on MLB.com's Top 30 International Prospects list, and a $1.5 million bonus with outfielder Franklin Reyes, ranked No. 30. The club did not confirm the agreements.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/134...rnando-tatis-jr

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
According to industry sources, the White Sox agreed to an $825,000 signing bonus with shortstop Fernando Tatis Jr., ranked No. 27 on MLB.com's Top 30 International Prospects list, and a $1.5 million bonus with outfielder Franklin Reyes, ranked No. 30. The club did not confirm the agreements.

http://m.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article/134...rnando-tatis-jr

I guess we have to wait for the press release to get exact details.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
I think that they're going to announce more players today since they haven't issued a press release yet and I imagine that both Hahn and Paddy are in the DR and are going to introduce the players to the local media

Not Buddy Bell? Does Hahn really have time to jet down there?

Did he when we signed Adolfo? KW? Can't remember....

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 2, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
Not Buddy Bell? Does Hahn really have time to jet down there?

Did he when we signed Adolfo? KW? Can't remember....

Yep, he's done it every year he's been GM. That's probably why he didn't travel with the team, he was probably meeting with the families and finalizing the deals.