Dodgers aggressively pursuing Alexei

flavum

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
You've been all over me lately. So because I project LaRoche to perform slightly worse than his Steamer projection I've lost all credibility? Come on -- I thought you were better than that.

I just don't like you, clown. This is some Batman s*** going down. I am the dark avenger and you will be crushed.

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:47 AM)

Hi8is is the guy set on being being associated with "poop" and "defecating", keep your expectations low.

You shoulda seen the associations back in 2004 while I was drinking still. Now it's all in fun before it was just plain nonsensical madness. :)

All and all - it's in fun... s*** all over the clown man.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 04:41 PM)
You shoulda seen the associations back in 2004 while I was drinking still. Now it's all in fun before it was just plain nonsensical madness. :)

I don't see the problem with poop man. I would s*** if somehow Hahn pulled off trade built around an Alexei/ Danks for Kemp/ Van Slyke swap. I mean, there would be nut filled brownies everywhere! Sheeeeiiit me timbers!

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 07:23 PM)
I don't see the problem with poop man. I would s*** if somehow Hahn pulled off trade built around an Alexei/ Danks for Kemp/ Van Slyke swap. I mean, there would be nut filled brownies everywhere! Sheeeeiiit me timbers!

I'd think that is a terrible deal unless the Dodgers are sending along a ****ton of money.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 06:23 PM)

I want an Alexei for Van Slyke and prospects swap. Kemp is whining - don't want that on this team. And he's specifically whining about a situation he'd face in Chicago - playing LF.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 01:07 AM)
Before my time and looks like I've been ignorantly disrespecting a legend. You're a poor representation of an icon, my man.

oh man did I miss something here. Clown, it was all in jest, my question

is why are you offended?

this is nothing but a respectful humor. the reason I am writing is b/c I said

something's that you may have also taken offense. so I am just as guilty.

unless this is a release of pressure as the sox are reaching the upper limits

of the sox budget. then I can understand. its all good. this is sox baseball.

peace

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 06:49 PM)
I'd think that is a terrible deal unless the Dodgers are sending along a ****ton of money.

Speaking of poop. Here you come pooping all over my idea. Did hi8is put you up to this? :P

In all fairness I did say " built around " so it wasn't an exact scenario. How about we add Schebler to Van Slyke and Kemp?

Work with me here. Its Saturday night, waiting for the lady to come home from work and I'm sobor.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 06:53 PM)
I want an Alexei for Van Slyke and prospects swap. Kemp is whining - don't want that on this team. And he's specifically whining about a situation he'd face in Chicago - playing LF.

Kemp might think twice if he took the time to consider he would be hitting with Abreu/ LaRoche and 81 games at the Cell. For the right deal I would take the chance on him no problem.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 09:33 PM)
Kemp might think twice if he took the time to consider he would be hitting with Abreu/ LaRoche and 81 games at the Cell. For the right deal I would take the chance on him no problem.

Just in general, if we wind up having a genuine personality conflict where several people are unhappy with their roles, do you have confidence in this manager to hold that team together? I think my answer is pretty apparent.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 06:45 PM)
Just in general, if we wind up having a genuine personality conflict where several people are unhappy with their roles, do you have confidence in this manager to hold that team together? I think my answer is pretty apparent.

Kemp is a big baby & one that can't keep healthy at that. I'm with certain posters here who would want Van Slyke.

Kemp seems like he has a huge ego & I wouldn't want anything to do with that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 03:45 AM)

i do, esp with coaches and a GM who has his back. believe me when i say, he prob learned

alot during this past yrs as manager.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 04:23 AM)
Kemp is a big baby & one that can't keep healthy at that. I'm with certain posters here who would want Van Slyke.

Kemp seems like he has a huge ego & I wouldn't want anything to do with that.

now that in opinion supported with thoughts, i accept that.

what kind of talk has anyone heard that he was a negative person on the team?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 11:41 PM)

but that was some kool times ..................... soxtalk rules the internet then

AND STILL DOES.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
kemp

I heard a lot of Dodgers fans talking about how vocal he was last year about not playing CF. To a certain extent, I get it but at the same time, he presents himself more as a "me player" than a "team player".

Obviously this is all my opinion, though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 03:45 AM)

part 2.

i also have confidence in the players to do the right thing and step in. i truly hope

that the sox will talk to kemp before the trade. to see his thought process.

on a side note, using advance stats, while it may be good, does anyone really think

a manager can manage a team today by that???

i truly like the advance stats, i don't know how to do it, i am still in my finger and toe

counting regime.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 04:36 AM)
I heard a lot of Dodgers fans talking about how vocal he was last year about not playing CF. To a certain extent, I get it but at the same time, he presents himself more as a "me player" than a "team player".

Obviously this is all my opinion, though.

however that is some good NEW info to have. i appreciate it.

but is that pouting or being competitive? i also remember he took Puig to task

for something. either way, something like that fire is what i was wondering if

the sox need now.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 22, 2014 -> 07:41 PM)
however that is some good NEW info to have. i appreciate it.

but is that pouting or being competitive? i also remember he took Puig to task

for something. either way, something like that fire is what i was wondering if

the sox need now.

From what I understand it was more pouting vs being competitive. Who knows, though. I haven't run into many knowledgeable Dodgers fans, quite frankly.

I'm also not sure the Sox are a team looking to take on a 8 year/ $160M contract that is going into only it's second year. Dodgers would have to send some serious money the Sox way for it to really make any sense, IMO.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Nov 23, 2014 -> 04:46 AM)
From what I understand it was more pouting vs being competitive. Who knows, though. I haven't run into many knowledgeable Dodgers fans, quite frankly.

I'm also not sure the Sox are a team looking to take on a 8 year/ $160M contract that is going into only it's second year. Dodgers would have to send some serious money the Sox way for it to really make any sense, IMO.

there you go, you are thinking dodger fan = knowledgeable.

you may be right on everything, i was just thinking out loud. with what is left in the budget,

that ship sailed.