2014 Winter Meetings

hi8is

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
@Ken_Rosenthal: Per @GeorgeAKingIII, #WhiteSox pursuing Robertson. Sources say they also like Gregerson, who lives in Chicago. Just $64.8M committed in ’15.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Also, per sources: #Astros offered Miller 4 yrs. #WhiteSox were one of several teams reluctant to offer him 4. Would they go 4 on Robertson?

Yes to Luke Gregerson. Would cost substantially less than Robertson without the draft pick compensation.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 07:31 AM)
MLBTR needs to step up their game. They haven't put up anything in two hours.

Their on the ground at the meetings scooping the first breaking story of the year. Either that or they both got dosed with exlax and have been blowing up toilets for hours ALA dumb and dumber. :)

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:34 AM)
All the GMs are in their war rooms having coffee and breakfast.

Or maybe Hahn and Beane are getting a skillet and discussing the trade already. Hahaha!

Of course, Ken Rosenthal would be in disguise sitting at the table next to them and tweeting: Rick Hahn and Billy Beane getting a skillet together. Trade coming soon?

Gregerson is a guy that really, really scares me as a reliever. He doesn't feature big stuff, his strikeout rate continues to fall, and he's primarily succeeded with a BABIP that is way lower than expected. Unless they could sign him to a similar contract that Duke got - and that seems illogical - I'd stay away from him.

QUOTE (South Sider @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
So, I'm finding this thread to be a little redundant, is anyone else?

Every rumor or murmur will have a topic thread created for it already.

It's a good thread to post nuggets and rumors vs. starting a new thread for every rumor. There will be plenty of rumors and news tidbits this week, so this is a good place to consolidate. If a rumor deserves it, the mods can create a new thread with that info.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:36 AM)
Gregerson is a guy that really, really scares me as a reliever. He doesn't feature big stuff, his strikeout rate continues to fall, and he's primarily succeeded with a BABIP that is way lower than expected. Unless they could sign him to a similar contract that Duke got - and that seems illogical - I'd stay away from him.

I'd rather roll the dice on Gregerson at 3/20 than Robertson at 4/50. At 12.5 million per year you're basically paying Robertson to be a 2 WAR player, something he's done exactly once in his career. Four seasons ago.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 09:49 AM)
I'd rather roll the dice on Gregerson at 3/20 than Robertson at 4/50. At 12.5 million per year you're basically paying Robertson to be a 2 WAR player, something he's done exactly once in his career. Four seasons ago.

The idea of Robertson is crazy to me too, especially at that price. Ideally, they'd sign neither of those guys.