2015 Cubs Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:53 PM)
That was Axford's 4th blown save in a row. Wow.

Yeah, the Rocks will never have enough pitching. How many teams would have even trotted him out for #4?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 09:58 PM)
Yeah, the Rocks will never have enough pitching. How many teams would have even trotted him out for #4?

He had actually been really good for most of the season until recently.

Didn't they use LaTroy Hawkins once or twice this year, or was that last season?

Don't really follow the Rockies at all...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
He had actually been really good for most of the season until recently.

Didn't they use LaTroy Hawkins once or twice this year, or was that last season?

Don't really follow the Rockies at all...

LaTroy started as the closer this year - that's just sad.

Cubs 2.5 games out of playoffs, white sox now 3.5. White sox have more teams to catch but I would take the odds of white sox catching the twins over Cubs catching Giants. It's Baltimore and Toronto that are the bigger issue but they are within 2 games of the white sox

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 29, 2015 -> 04:15 AM)
Cubs 2.5 games out of playoffs, white sox now 3.5. White sox have more teams to catch but I would take the odds of white sox catching the twins over Cubs catching Giants. It's Baltimore and Toronto that are the bigger issue but they are within 2 games of the white sox

Giants have a very hard schedule it seems, going forward. With 2 series still left vs the Cubs, those 6 (or 7) games could determine who makes the WC game.

It's one reason I really hope the Giants trade for a #2 starter. Cain and Hudson have nothing left.

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)

If the Sox make the playoffs and the Cubs don't, this season will be fantastic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
Giants have a very hard schedule it seems, going forward. With 2 series still left vs the Cubs, those 6 (or 7) games could determine who makes the WC game.

It's one reason I really hope the Giants trade for a #2 starter. Cain and Hudson have nothing left.

You can add Vogelsong to that list as well, yet somehow despite not having a potent offense they keep winning year after year.

Pretty amazing.

As far as the Twins go, they have to be really shaken up after losing those last two against the Yankees and now this game. Gut check game for them.

Edited by caulfield12

Cubs pitching has been noticeably worse since Montero has been out, and I saw a stat that said Hendricks has been the 2nd biggest benefactor of pitch framing this season after Leake. Montero is one of the best framers in the game, I wonder if that has played a factor in the recent pitching slump.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 28, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)

The Cubs are currently 1-4 on a 10 game stretch against the 3 last place teams in the NL. Cue up the worst announcer in baseball, "It's not who you play, it's when you play them "

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
Rizzo with a 2 out, 3 run homer in the top of the 8th while trailing 2-0. This has been a tremendous day for the Cubs given that Price didn't go to the Dodgers.

It's always a tremendous day for the Cubs when they play one of their "road games" in Milwaukee, particularly when the Brewers are selling off parts. Gosh, I hope the game wraps up soon, so I can gain massive amounts of wisdom from Dave "Theo Is Like a Smarter Branch Rickey" Kaplan and Todd "I Refer to the Cubs as We" Hollandsworth.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Jul 31, 2015 -> 03:54 AM)
It's always a tremendous day for the Cubs when they play one of their "road games" in Milwaukee, particularly when the Brewers are selling off parts. Gosh, I hope the game wraps up soon, so I can gain massive amounts of wisdom from Dave "Theo Is Like a Smarter Branch Rickey" Kaplan and Todd "I Refer to the Cubs as We" Hollandsworth.

Brewers are going to be even worse when they unload Parra and Lind tomorrow. Can't wait to see Holmberg pitch for the Reds vs the Cubs

Yep, fortunate timing with Ramirez, Fiers and Carlos Gomez all vacating the premises...

Thankfully, even if the Mets aren't going to challenge them from below, there's always the Giants to have faith in to prevent the zombie apocalypse.

Astros/Angels 0-0 into the bottom of the 9th in HOU, don't see that very often, even in today's offensively-inert environment.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Huge Giants/Cubs series next week. 4 games, but as of now, of course MadBum is the only starter they'll miss. Hopefully Giants get someone like Leake before the deadline.

White Sox need to send Samardzija there to stop the Cubs...bring back Sanchez/Susac and a top prospect from the low minors.

Check out the Giants' schedule the next 20-25 games. BRUTAL.

Edited by caulfield12