2015 Catch-All thread

witesoxfan

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
Cats are the worst. That is all.

Yeah they sure are.....especially when you have to put one down after 16 years a week ago. Merry Christmas to you too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
This is supposedly the card Steve Harvey was given. Not to take away blame from him, but I could see how somebody could screw it up.

CWuHH-8WcAAfTSo.jpg

I don't see how he could've screwed it up if that is the card. Pretty cut and dry.

I heard a clip of this on the radio this morning. When he starts apologizing and says the other woman is the winner, the tone of his voice is like someone trying to get the crowd riled up, not someone who is sorry about what just happened. He also took a lot of "build the suspense" pauses. On that clip alone it sounded 100% planned.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
I heard a clip of this on the radio this morning. When he starts apologizing and says the other woman is the winner, the tone of his voice is like someone trying to get the crowd riled up, not someone who is sorry about what just happened. He also took a lot of "build the suspense" pauses. On that clip alone it sounded 100% planned.

I saw a full clip and it struck me how much time was remaining in the broadcast after announcing the wrong winner. The camera just lingered on her for what seemed like an eternity. I avoid these dumb pageants whenever possible so I don't know if that's typical and my expertise is literally zero, but to me if they announced the winner with so much time left, it lends credence to the claim that it was a stunt.

I think what happened is traditionally they announce first runner up first (that's how you know who won, who wasn't mentioned). I think he tried to correct it by changing to what should have happened the first time, except it was obviously clearly insanity then.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
So some crazy woman from Oregon driving with a 3 year old in tow drove on to the sidewalk of the Strip near Flamingo, which is one of the busier areas. The blood results are not yet in but she showed signs of severe impairment.

Killed 1 and injured 36.

Woman Drives into Crowd on Las Vegas Strip

Jeez, didn't realize she had a 3 year old in the car with her. What a piece of s***.

Surprised only 1 died.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 07:10 AM)
Jeez, didn't realize she had a 3 year old in the car with her. What a piece of s***.

Surprised only 1 died.

Apparently, she was not under the influence of anything, except her normal craziness, and she admits to doing it on purpose.

So I just learned about "low-background" steel, which is steel produced prior to the first nuclear detonations in 1945. It's needed for some precise instrumentation and experiments, so they'll do things like harvest it from old shipwrecks. We had so many atmospheric nuclear detonations between 1945 and 1980 that literally everything made since then is tainted by higher levels of background radiation.

It was a quick one. Epicentered in Newport Beach...which coincidentally is where I am sitting at work. 2.9 on the rictor scale. Lots of activity though...apparently their was a 3.2 quake in Newport a couple days ago. Presuming it is on the Newport Inglewood fault but need Balta's input. Not used to stuff epicentered in this area.