2015 TV Thread

LDF

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Aug 13, 2015 -> 08:21 AM)
Mr Robot spoilers:

Good call. Nailed it.

I was confused when Darlene and Angela knew each other but it makes sense if she's his sister. But why were Tyrell and Mr Robot talking?

yeah, I am still trying to put that together. Great episode.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
I am still going back on forth on what is reality. Part of me even wonders if Mr Robot is still real, and it was actually Elliot in the back of the limo with Tyrell.

This is what good shows do to people. We're unsure of what's actually happening, just like Elliot.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 06:13 PM)
This is what good shows do to people. We're unsure of what's actually happening, just like Elliot.

Yes, but they also haven't taken the unreliable narrator too far, to the point where we have no clue wtf is going on. Good job by the writers.

I am still going back on forth on what is reality. Part of me even wonders if Mr Robot is still real, and it was actually Elliot in the back of the limo with Tyrell.

I think Christian Slater is his dad and is real and forgot, just like his sister. Elliott is obviously nuts in some way.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/show-me-a-hero-rev...6633359760.html

Show Me a Hero, six part mini-series beginning Sunday night, from The Wire's David Simon and Paul Haggis...based on the true story of the youngest mayor in America, and the attempt at public housing/integration in Yonkers, NY about 20 years ago.

Timely subject for today, just like Straight Outta Compton

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 04:56 PM)
I think Christian Slater is his dad and is real and forgot, just like his sister. Elliott is obviously nuts in some way.

I am so f***ing glad I didn't read this post until after I watched the episode on DVR last night. Dude, f***ing spoiler tags. I'm even editing them into your original post.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)
I am so f***ing glad I didn't read this post until after I watched the episode on DVR last night. Dude, f***ing spoiler tags. I'm even editing them into your original post.

It was like 2 days later. What's the statute of limitations?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 11, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
I hope that it doesn't sound like I am placing my opinion above others because what I do in school and for a living outside the forum, if it comes of that way it's certainly not my intention.

And yet, I completely disagree with everything you said. If TDS2 were the show's first seasn it would've guaranteed a second season just based on the ratings alone. Recently the President of HBO said that they're waiting to open up negotiations with Nic Pizzolatto for a third season and more depending on him (he said during the first season that he is hoping for at least 5), Pizzolatto also has another show in development at the network and he has some high profile screenwriting gigs coming up. Nic Pizzolatto isn't going anywhere for a while, the same goes for True Detective. (I don't follow the points and ratings but S2 has been one of the network's highest rated programs, and is one of theit popular brands)

Now, I've said this before and after seeing the whole season I feel vavalidated when I say TDS2> TDS1. I liked the plot and storyline better, the psychosphere was much improved this time in my opinion and the characters were amazing. I could go on but in short I think S2 is way better than 1.

I would compare True Detective to what happens when a band puts a phenomenonal debut album (both critically and commercially) and in its aftermath the hype starts to build up amongst fans and the media and in the building of the hype, both parties either start to write the music in their heads or/want (demand) a rehash of the debut. And when the band puts out their (just as good if not better) sophomore album, people are judge it for what it's not instead by what it is.

While I understand people may like or dislike certain things, some of the reviews for this season come off like the person who wrote the review either isn't paying attention to the storyline, has some kind of preconceived agenda (some of articles written by critics/bloggers who are affiliated with the alphabet groups are very infuriating, they (GLAAD) sound like they have old fashioned views on gay characters (I can rant about GLADD and some members of the MAC all day)), or

they bash the show for not being the second season and while I disagree with that school of criticism, that would make more sense when you're critiquing a traditional serialized television show, that has no place when judging a self contained anthology series.

When people asked me what I wanted from the second season of the show after the first season finale, I said that all I want for it is to be good. I think that's the only thing that you/we (the audience) can ask for when it comes to art, anything other than that and you're bound to be disappointed.

As I said on reddit and at the viewing party, I wish more people would've watched this without preconceived notions and ideas, because they're missing out. For those that prematurely dropped the show, get away from it for a bit and start the season again (this time watch it in its entirety) and come to your own opinions and conclusions. I'll bet you'll be signing a different tune, if not you can say that I was wrong.

I think the bolded is a good comparison.

I enjoyed season 2. I enjoyed season 1 more because of the cast, as I am a huge MM and Woody fan, but season two had its moments.

And for those saying the first 3 episodes of season 2 were brutally slow, do you not recall season 1? Season 1 started off pretty damn slow itself.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 11:28 PM)
I think the bolded is a good comparison.

I enjoyed season 2. I enjoyed season 1 more because of the cast, as I am a huge MM and Woody fan, but season two had its moments.

And for those saying the first 3 episodes of season 2 were brutally slow, do you not recall season 1? Season 1 started off pretty damn slow itself.

Season 1 was slow too. Slow enough for me to stop watching the first episode on my first attempt to watch the series.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)

Sometimes the cartoonishly over the top good guy vs bad guy, capitalism vs. whatever things would annoy me on the show, but I can't believe how well they pulled off the OMG this reality is actually not real some of this is in his head moments in the last episode. We all knew something like this was going on. Credit the small things like always making everyone say evil corp for reinforcing that we have an unreliable narrator even when he's offscreen.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 17, 2015 -> 04:49 AM)
You missed bewbs. Good ones.

I eventually found my way to that clip without even watching the show. ;)

I did finish the first season about two months ago though.

QUOTE (juddling @ Aug 20, 2015 -> 03:28 PM)
I really liked the first season of Graceland and thought the second was ok. I have been DVR'ing the third season so far....anyone watching this??? not sure if it will be worth watching later or not.......

I have been watching it. I still think it is entertaining but it also has been frustrating this year. I can go into more detail but I don't want to spoil it for you.

BAM, What?

Part of me was excited about the reveal, but another part of me now wonders where the show goes after letting go of the biggest secret. Hopefully they can keep it up.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 21, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
BAM, What?

Part of me was excited about the reveal, but another part of me now wonders where the show goes after letting go of the biggest secret. Hopefully they can keep it up.

It's kinda odd how the show seems to be wrapping up. Tyrell is falling apart. The hack seems to be coming together. Angela is going to get her settlement.

There's no way it all ends up working out perfectly right?