MLB.com Top 100 list

GGajewski18

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ll30farmsystems

It's behind a paywall, but Keith Law ranks the Sox system as 12th(!) this year. A huge jump from 27th last year, he noted that the Sox acquired four top 120 prospects in the past 24 months and didn't give up premium guys for Shark.

Only 12th? Law is such a hater.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:15 AM)
http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ll30farmsystems

It's behind a paywall, but Keith Law ranks the Sox system as 12th(!) this year. A huge jump from 27th last year, he noted that the Sox acquired four top 120 prospects in the past 24 months and didn't give up premium guys for Shark.

Wow, first top-half ranking of the system I can remember in a long time.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)
Only 12th? Law is such a hater.

lol

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)
Wow, first top-half ranking of the system I can remember in a long time.

lol

Yeah I was shocked ha. He mentions that we acquired four top 120 prospects in the past 24 months, three via the draft and one via trade. It's say to safe the guy via trade is Montas, and two of the drafted guys are Anderson and Rodon, but any guesses on the 3rd? Adams would make the most sense, as I don't think he's very high on Danish.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jan 28, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
Yeah I was shocked ha. He mentions that we acquired four top 120 prospects in the past 24 months, three via the draft and one via trade. It's say to safe the guy via trade is Montas, and two of the drafted guys are Anderson and Rodon, but any guesses on the 3rd? Adams would make the most sense, as I don't think he's very high on Danish.

Almost has to be Adams.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
JJ Stankevitz calls Courtney Hawkins' athleticism 'elite' here

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/espns-...pth-farm-system

Can we get to the bottom of this right now. Is Hawkins a CF in the future or is the more accurate assessment corner OF right now?

i really don't care if he is a CF or Corner outfield. as long as he fully develop his potential and become responsible for his position defenselessly, and of course hit.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
JJ Stankevitz calls Courtney Hawkins' athleticism 'elite' here

http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/espns-...pth-farm-system

Can we get to the bottom of this right now. Is Hawkins a CF in the future or is the more accurate assessment corner OF right now?

He's likely going to end up in RF, but that doesn't mean he won't be able to play CF. Given his body structure and how he's filling out, there's a good possibility he slows down.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 02:49 PM)
He's likely going to end up in RF, but that doesn't mean he won't be able to play CF. Given his body structure and how he's filling out, there's a good possibility he slows down.

It seems strange to me that, according to Baseball Reference, Hawkins has never played a single game at RF in the minors (159 at CF, 110 at LF).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 31, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
I have been shocked at how low Anderson is showing up on these lists. I was expecting in the 35-40 range.

I expected him around 50, but it's all subjective. He's a guy with the lithe body and natural athleticism (ala BJ Upton, Jorge Soler, Buxton, Maybin etc.) that many scouts fall in love with - envisioning 20+ HR power, 30+ SB and great range in the middle infield. OTOH he has major hurdles still with contact, approach and defensive fundamentals, any one of which could be daunting, but taken together, still makes him relatively high-risk, imo. The fact that he did improve so much last year in these areas gives me confidence that he can get there, but I'm thinking mid-70's might really be appropriate, and something 50 or better might be overly optimistic.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 31, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
Hawkins is definitely a corner guy now. He's got plenty of arm for either, and his speed isn't elite but it's above average.

Yeah, Courtney's D is the proverbial bridge I'll cross when I get to it - for me, it's all about him improving his contact and recognition skills, without a huge sacrifice of power.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 31, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
I have been shocked at how low Anderson is showing up on these lists. I was expecting in the 35-40 range.

Few/no other franchises would be expecting him before the end of 2016. That raw + that far away pushes him down a bit, makes sense to me.