2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 11:59 PM)
Considering he quietly asked for a trade earlier in the year and didn't have much to say with the media on his way out, I would as well. I commend him and Houston on transitioning in a 3-4 defense but they are not true 3-4 guys other than rushing the QB.

I disagree, at least on Houston anyway. Houston lined up as a linebacker on 80% of his snaps in Oakland, and it's what got him paid. I think people forget that. I also seem to remember him grading out as one of the best against the run in Oakland as well.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 11:21 PM)
I disagree, at least on Houston anyway. Houston lined up as a linebacker on 80% of his snaps in Oakland, and it's what got him paid. I think people forget that. I also seem to remember him grading out as one of the best against the run in Oakland as well.

Yeah I wouldn't run either guy out of town. Neither of them make much money. Unless you can get like a 4th or 5th for either guy, there's no reason to release them.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Considering he quietly asked for a trade earlier in the year and didn't have much to say with the media on his way out, I would as well. I commend him and Houston on transitioning in a 3-4 defense but they are not true 3-4 guys other than rushing the QB.

Right. I wouldn't mind keeping him but I think it would never hurt you as an organization to accomodate things like that after a significant shift in strategy. He did his part, played his ass off and now will get us pretty equal value.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
I bet Denver resigns Wolfe and Miller. They are going to have a ton of cap room with Manning leaving.

They also have to resign Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan as well then.

My money is Bears will get one of Jackson, Wolfe, Trevathan.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 10:13 AM)
I bet Denver resigns Wolfe and Miller. They are going to have a ton of cap room with Manning leaving.

Have you looked at their cap and # of free agents? They have to sign Osweiler if they want him as well.

Every team has a bunch of free agents. Brock Osweiler is not someone that is going to break the bank, not yet at least.

They may have to choose between Jackson and Wolfe.

Danny Trevathan is a nice player, but not someone you have to sign.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
Gase has a 2nd interview with the Eagles tomorrow. He's also interviewing with the Giants, Browns, and Dolphins.

Eagles make a lot of sense to me.

I dont know if I would want to jump into a job with Glass Bradford as my QB, but Gase is supposedly the whisperer

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 08:21 AM)
They also have to resign Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan as well then.

My money is Bears will get one of Jackson, Wolfe, Trevathan.

I agree. Broncos have a number of young, above average defensive players who would fill needs on the Bears. And they also have Osweiller to pay (presume they are going to...but maybe they are going to go another direction). I don't know their cap situation but they are going to lose at least a few pieces.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
Every team has a bunch of free agents. Brock Osweiler is not someone that is going to break the bank, not yet at least.

They may have to choose between Jackson and Wolfe.

Danny Trevathan is a nice player, but not someone you have to sign.

I would be stunned if Osweiller doesn't get a decent size offer from someone. Not saying mega money, but QB's get paid, and someone who has crappy QB play is going to have seen enough of Brock to think he could take steps forward and be their QB.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
I would be stunned if Osweiller doesn't get a decent size offer from someone. Not saying mega money, but QB's get paid, and someone who has crappy QB play is going to have seen enough of Brock to think he could take steps forward and be their QB.

Houston

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
Here's a fun fact....

JJ Watt had a sack every 54.17 play. Lamarr Houston had one every 54.14.

Houston just got credit for a sack from Sunday, giving him a season total of 8. That may bolster that stat.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
Houston just got credit for a sack from Sunday, giving him a season total of 8. That may bolster that stat.

Where'd you see this at?

That would give him a sack every 47.4 snaps. Obviously things probably wouldn't play out this way, but if he played the same number of snaps as Watt at that pace, he would have had 20 sacks.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 09:31 PM)
Lovie Smith was just fired as HC of the Bucs.

Lovie could never do offense. Too bad, with the right OC, he had a chance to be good.

wait. Why does a guy who took a 2-14 team and got them to 6-10 deserve to be fired?

Someone in that front office has to go.

Edited by AustinIllini